Community post

Discussion

Look for over 40TTC

View Full Post

I am new to this site and I am looking to befriend other ttc over 40. This is my second cycle and it looks like it is positive, still only 12 dpo.

47 Replies • 9 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

Replies (sorted by informative)

21 - 30 of 47 Replies | Last Page

Thanks Rikki for keeping us posted. Looking at the positive--yes, despite age, your body can still get pregnant. Each time I guess is a try. Hopefully one with stick soon.

And I agree! I know so much more now than I ever even wanted to know. I feel like an ongoing science experiment. I am also very sensitive...any little pain or feeling of anything makes me wonder if I need to worry, if something could be going wrong. But I know that it's bigger than me, forces working that are bigger than me, but impressionable so I just keep praying, and staying positive. Like you said...if it's meant to be, it will. So lets just keep focusing on it meaning to be...the universe will pick up the message sooner or later...

Keep in touch : - )

9 years ago • Post starter

Hi I am new to this group. I am 40 and trying for number 3. I had a miscarriage in October which I found really hard and now think that this is almost an impossible task.
I have been really down and quite desperate but reading all your comments has really helped.
My ovulation predictor was positive this month and I am now 6DPO so hopefully this will be a good month.
Good luck to all of you ladies and may there be plenty of baby dust for us all.
I do believe our 40s are the new 30s (just not sure my body realises it).

9 years ago

Good luck momof2 - yes I believe 40s are the new 30s. And I recently read a fantastic article about women who have babies when they are older tend to live longer. I also find it encouraging to hear about BFP's in our age group.

I had a positive opks but no temp rise on my BBT - so I am not sure what is happening - but it is a good excuse to keep with the BDing :-) I think I might be 1dpo - but I really don't know yet.

Rikki - I hope you can get some answers from your blood work. Quite frustrating, I would bet.

User Image

9 years ago

Hi there ladies,
I have been enjoying your updates & hoping for more BFP!

AFM, 14dpo, AF is due today, of course I was up at the crack of dawn testing, BFN! I had my first cycle in December of IUI & Injectable FSH with Ovidrel so I am not sure really if that will throw my cycle or what to expect... More will be revealed! Still having symptoms (psychologically anyway! Lol) I think if the share market ever has HPT available for purchase, I might just buy some!

9 years ago

Lovely Aunt Flow showed up today - anybody else having better luck?

User Image

9 years ago

I'm at 6dpo today, and feel exactly as I did last month. This time I refuse to test until my AF day. No more testing madness for me. CP last cycle. Pretty sure my egg is fertilized again. Weds is the big iM day. I'm more nauseous, which is a good start.....the sicker I am, the more healthier the egg is. Testing on af day, even if she comes, will let me know the deal either way. CP's usually always stay faint Bfp for awhile afterwards. If i get a strong Bfp, then that will obviously be a good awesome start.....if.

We're not going to "try" anymore, we're going with....whatever happens, happens.......
But you knowwwwwww I will still be silently charting......only my lips will be sealed.....like now. :)

Bring on the baby dust!!!!!
:)

Never give up!!!!
~rikki~

9 years ago

Hi everyone
I am a newby on this site, so glad I found it :-)

Started a new life in 2012 and DH and I would love to have the joy of having a baby together. We both have kids (i have two and he has 3) they are all in their 20's except for my son, Daniel who is still living with us, he is 18. I am 48, DH 53.

I am now on 6dpo and have seen a dip in my bbt today, hoping it is a good sign.

I am also studying full time at the moment, will graduate with Psych degree this year and am working towards qualifying as a Clinical Psychologist in 3 years time.

We are in Cape Town, South Africa.

Wishing everyone a ton of Baby Dust!

9 years ago

Welcome Bev..... :)

Today I am dpo9 and I'm going bonkers not testing, I soooo feel it.
I'm resisting though. Af expected 5/6 days. I will more than likely test sat morning which will be 11. (I would like to go snowboarding Sunday) Still too early for me to test though, with all considering....

But el chart looks awesome, ovulated, temp elevated, had my drop two days ago, then rose back up, cervix n cf all in check. All symptoms still in check.

This TWW BLOWSSSSSSSSSSS.

Anyhoos, until next time.

~rikki~

9 years ago

Hi all! It's been a few :-)

Congrats and baby dust to all, especially sending out positive energy and dust to newbies!

As of today, I am 7 weeks! I have my first real Dr. appointment with sonogram on the 6th. I can't wait.

I haven't really had any symptoms. No real morning sickness or overwhelming fatigue. I have just had some light, random cramps and my boobs are sore off and on. I look a little bloated in the tummy, but not really all that noticible since I am a little overweight anyway.

But when I was pregnant 17 years ago, I didn't have any symptoms but sore boobs and a missed period.

Just keeping my fingers crossed that everything is ok. I will keep you posted.

9 years ago • Post starter

Good morning from a sunny Cape Town , Its so lovely to read everyone's updates. @ brigettaj - congratulations! How wonderful! Enjoy every single minute of your pregnancy!
@ Rikki_22 Thank you for the welcome :-) You and I seem to be at the same spot, I am now 9dpo, temps also dipped 2 days ago and is slowly going up again. Feel very "full", occasional stabbing, no boob sensitivity though. Low back ache. Trying not to read to much into anything I feel. DH came home with a cot bumper and baby pillow LOL Talk about putting the cart before the horse but what the hell, he is so excited at just the thought that we might be able to have a baby. And I cry for absolutely anything! What is that all about?! Stress or hormones or a combination LOL.

Thinking of you all, so glad to have found you xxx

9 years ago

Last page

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo