Community post

Journal

A Possible Christmas Conception Gift - TTC 17 Years Later!

Well today, I am 12 day's past ovulation in my second cycle. My conception date for this cycle would have been roughly around 24th or 25th of December. And although I know being 43 and some months, and over-weight as well, comes with lots of cause to worry, I am excited because it looks like I may really be pregnant. I was expecting to at least do 6 cycles as I heard that normal heterosexual, healthy and young couples have only like a 20% chance of conceiving per cycle. Yet, I have taken a few pregnancy tests starting at 9 DPO and on day 10 I started to get something that looked like a consistent faint positive. I even posted the pics for review on this site. Even if I didn't post for feedback, knew this is different because during my first cycle, my tests came back very negative. Stark white for the most part where there should be a line.

I took a HPT again this morning. The line is definitely getting darker! So the reality has set in that I may really be pregnant. Who would have thought that I would get married this late, and potentially be having another baby 18 years later! But I want this so bad. I feel so happy about my choice. I only get to live this life once. I don't care about what others think. Yes! People are all entitled to their opinions, but they do not get to live your life and fulfill your purpose. My approach is simple. If the Universe allows, it should be.

This baby will be brought up in so much love, from both myself and my spouse and even the family. My daughter is almost as happy as we are. I joke with her that in some countries, it would be permissible for her to be married and with child at the age of 18. I don't think she has any desire for that kind of goal in life right now--she is happy being a teenager. But it is surreal at times how life works out and the choices that we find ourselves making.

So this may be the beginning of a God sent journey. There is so much I want to do to honor this miracle of creating life, especially if it is truly granted to me. I am trying to stay positive and will use this as a period to strengthen my relationship with the most Devine and its creative energy.

I won't take the digital test until I actually miss my period: which by calendar is suppose to be tomorrow. It could be tomorrow or the following day actually as I don't temp, so I am not quite sure what moment I ovulated, but a very educated guess based on OPK readings and insemination times that took place on the 22nd, the 24th and the 26th by a known donor.

I should say this is also why I am feeling joyous because we didn't use a cryo bank or go through any IV. Just a willing donor. Actually, we decided to use a known donor and make the attempt to get pregnant based on faith that if it is meant for me to do this, we needed to keep it as simple as possible. I had doubts the more I read about TTC after 40, despite knowing people even in my family who had children around that age. But, with my spouse's encouragement, we found a donor, and went through the process. Even after the 1st cycle and a negative, I kept telling myself it takes lots of cycles. Even my insurance wouldn't even allow me to tap into any fertility support until I documented 6 months of trying. When you are 40, the way are literally aging and dying by the second, that didn't seem very supportive.

So here I am. Waiting to take the final digital test just to see "Pregnant" before I make an appointment to go in to the Dr. I am so happy.

I hope to start a relationship with other moms in their 40's on this site to stay inspired or to inspire.

As I see they say a lot on these forums, happy baby dust to you all!

3 Comments • 9 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 3 of 3 Comments

Congratulations!!!!

9 years ago

Congrats! Happy and healthy 9 months!

9 years ago

Thats a great Christmas gift!
Congrats! =))

9 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo