Community post

Discussion

Look for over 40TTC

I am new to this site and I am looking to befriend other ttc over 40. This is my second cycle and it looks like it is positive, still only 12 dpo.

47 Replies • 9 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 10 of 47 Replies | Last Page

Hi,

I am also in the over 40 ttc club :-)

We just finished our second unsuccessful IUI with letrolzole cycle. Gearing up to try 'au natural' this cycle.

Hope you and Lena get that blaring BFP soon.

Good luck!
A

User Image

9 years ago

I had little girl last nov when I was 43
Took 9 months ttc and a round of clomid and am now trying again x

9 years ago

Thanks ladies for checking in! It seems like there is lots of activity going on but didn't see many within the 40 crowd. I understand that our age group typically doesn't try to conceive--we are trying to get our kids to leave the nest if they haven't already : - )

I have done this naturally (well-- using a donor) at home with my spouse doing the uhmm, insemination.

I feel like I relearned so much about sex education through this process. There is a lot that goes on with TTC.

I should know for sure by Tuesday evening if I actually have a real positive (at least hopefully) as my period usually comes in the morning or afternoon. I plan to take a digital test. There is something special about having that word "Pregnant" displayed after a short period of waiting that is a fixation for me. I will call the doctor and schedule a office test/check up after that.

Will keep people posted! Again thanks for responding : - )

9 years ago • Post starter

Hi, I'm 46 and TTC to conceive naturally, since this past Oct. I'm a sucker for odds. :)

1% doesn't seem so promising, but apparently I have conceived. I'm at dpo 10, and tomorrow I think I'll take the digital test. I still have so much more of waiting and stressing to go. Will it stick? Will it be genetically ok? And I thought this TWW was torture. Oy!

i have two boys 15/13, and as crazy as it is, I want to do it ALL over again!

:)

Rikki

9 years ago

How did it go brigettaj ? Did you get your BFP?

User Image

9 years ago

Hi all.

It's official. I missed my period and got the BFP on the digital yesterday. Yay!!!

My spouse is too cute. She already booked a Dr. appt. for me this Friday. This feels so surreal. I still don't have any symptoms, other than perhaps it feels a little sensitive down below; like I am about to get my period, but it just won't come, and maybe I get an occasional cramp. I also noticed that I will get these moments of sleepiness, like I literally could drop and take a nap (I never really get sleepy being a teacher of high school kids, as I am on my feet a lot during the day). Also,I am going to the bathroom to pee a little more than usual, but I am also drinking a little more too.

I remember when I was pregnant with my daughter almost 2 decades ago, one of signs was that my boobs were annoyingly tender and I was really, really sleepy/tired. I would come home around 4pm and crash. I would wake up at 2 to 4 hours later, eat and go to bed again most days, even on a Friday. Lol! I was single and didn't have much responsibility so I could sleep like that if I wanted to. That's how tired I was, but I didn't know I was pregnant then, like most usually don't who aren't trying. I didn't know until I think I almost missed a second period.

So that's my update.

Congrats to all that are joining me. Let's stay connected.

Brigetta

Well Congratulations! That is awesome that trying at home worked out so well for you. My sister and her wife tried that but in the end had to resort to IVF ($$$) and they were in their early 30's. I really don't think it is as much about age as it is about your genes.

Good luck everyone - here is hoping for BFP's

Rikki_22 - What about you? Any luck with a digital today?

User Image

9 years ago

YAY to Brigitta! WOO HOO!! :)

asuper....thanks for asking. :)
Day 12dpo and still getting faints. I'm saving el digital for this Friday, when I'm due for my af. I'm having my doubts. :(

9 years ago

Thanks for the congrats and happy wishes.

Yes! I know a couple of other couples who pursued IVF and they weren't in their 40's and it seemed like it was not only very expensive, but in the long run, not 100% productive, even after several trials.

My spouse and I wouldn't even be eligible for consideration until we demonstrated 6 months of trying, without invasive medical support at our ages, and even then I am pretty sure insurance would have paid very little of it. We also chuckled at the 6 months of "natural/non-invasive" ways because, well--we are 2 ladies and by nature it wouldn't quite be a natural insemination.

Rikki, I will keep my fingers crossed for you. Only channeling the most positive, energy from the Universe your way : - ) Let us know what you get on Friday.

I'm excited because tomorrow schools are closed due to the windchill. I get to indulge in my sleepiness when it comes. Lol!

Congratulations to you both, brigettaj! That's awesome! I'm dying to know your exact age, if you don't mind sharing. :) I'm amazed that you had a BFP after a one-shot deal - ha ha!

My hubby and I decided to TTC last month and this is our first cycle trying. I'm 7dpo today. I'm 43 but haven't been pregnant for 17 years, so I'm trying not to expect miracles (but can't help hoping for them either!) I conceived within 6 cycles the first time, and on the first try for the second and third pregnancies. I've never had a MC, but I know that IF I conceive, my chances are a lot higher now. Lots more things to worry about this time around...

9 years ago

Last page

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo