Community post

Discussion

OPK for PREG TEST?

I've had a hard time pinpointing my ovulation with OPK's. For 6 days now I have received HIGH FERTILITY on all my tests, and I thought I'd be ovulating by now. Not quite sure what is going on if my LH surge isn't strong enough for the test to detect ovulation or not. Thoughts on that??

Also I've been reading about women using their OPK's to determine their pregnancy during the two wk wait period. Does anyone else do this, is it recommended? Just is interesting to me seeing how women are 9-10DPO and using their kits and still receiving a + reading on them and ending up + on preg tests. What do ya think on this? Should I just continue to use my OPK's until AF arrives as long as I'm getting +'s or what? Input please:))

TTC since November!

6 Replies • 9 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 6 of 6 Replies

Hi bmobms, I too have had blazing + opk's in my recent cycles. I was advised to stop testing after the first+....With my research, I have discovered that the LH surge can be detected 1-3 days prior to the release of your egg.. Normal- Yes, Common- Not that often. Some women bodies will surge a couple days before they ovulate..I have personally decided to stop testing after my first thermal shift. Once you see your temp increase significantly, you know you ovulated the day before..I have also heard many women say that they received a + on a opk in the early days following conception. Hope this was helpful, Best of Luck with your TTC journey : )

BooBabyMom

9 years ago

Thank you so much for your input! So when should I stop receiving + opk's? I'm on day 7 of them and all have read high fertility, it's just confused me I suppose bcuz I thought I was only suppose to have a 5-7 day window of fertility and then ovulate. I don't know of I would stop bcuz I don't want to miss my peak, and I haven't been tracking my bbt, so I guess I'm just going in blind at when I'm going to ovulate.

TTC since November!

9 years ago • Post starter

Hi bmobms, you have already ovulated if it has been 7 days of positive test. My suggestion is to begin charting your bbt to ensure you can identify your temp rise for next cycle, that's when you know without a doubt that you have ovulated ... Only if you have not conceived ; ).... Baby Dust to you!

BooBabyMom

9 years ago

I am also confused. I had strong +opks last week. Monday and tuesday. BD all the right days. Now today which is Sunday. I tested again for fun I guess and my opk is a blaring +. Test line darker than control, and my hpt is bfn. I should be 6 dpo today. I am so confused.

9 years ago

Ooo that could be very good for you, I've read so much about it, but it's also a 50-50 shot, sometimes women produce lh all the time and it can spike variously. But I think that's very good for you! GL! !! FX!

TTC since November!

9 years ago • Post starter

Well I hope so. I had strong positives the other week then it went negative for a week now its really strong positives again, even with no holds. I have never had that happen. I tested with HPT but I got what I assumed since its early. I will just wait a bit and see what happens. Fingers crossed this is my month.

9 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo