Community post

Discussion

14 DPO

Well I can't decide if I should actually take a test or not.
Normally I spot a couple of days before my period, and I haven't at all this time. However, my last period, I had heavy spotting for almost 4 days before my actual period started, which then lasted for 5 days (YAY lol) so I don't know if my body is just out of whack and it's making up for the extra bleeding last month by not starting on time this month, which means I'm more than likely not pregnant or if it could actually be a true possibility this time.
My husband and I have been together for almost 7 years, been married for almost 5 and we've had to watch our family and friends receive the very blessings we've been hoping and praying for.
We've been SO happy for all of them, but have undoubtedly had moments where we just couldn't understand "why them and not us?".
I don't want to waste a pregnancy test.
But it's also because I'm scared to get that negative and then get depressed. I've been a lot better at being hopeful lately. I know it's all God's timing and His will and I'll wait for Him, but sometimes it's hard. I know I can be strong, but sometimes it's facing that negative that can make it harder to keep faith and I don't want to lose hope.

I know I should probably wait a couple of days, maybe even wait a whole week to see, but there's also that excitement that makes it really hard not to run and take one right now lol.

what do you think?

11 Replies • 8 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 10 of 11 Replies | Last Page

Hi lovely!

Im also 14dpo and tested neg yesterday. Today AF is due, I've been having cramps on and off as if she is about to arrive but nothing yet.

Terrified to test again as can't face seeing another BFN!!

As to whether you should test, it's totally up to you. I think if AF hasn't showed her face by tomorrow morning I'll try using a clear blue digi

Have you had any symptoms? I had some brown cm at 11dpo and then nothing since other than constant cramping and some yellow cm (sorry tmi!). I expected AF to kick in but I don't know!!

Good luck and baby dust!!! Xxx

8 years ago

Sheeny. DONT use a cbd if you got a neg yesterday! They are 25mlu tests and won't pick up the tests until a day or two after a bfp from an early response.
Get yourself an early response test with the strength wrote on the packet, you want a 10mlu.
No need to put yourself through another bfn needlessly. Collect your first morning urine in a cup of need be for later.

JB. If you can't face a bfn then your right to leave testing. Wait until the day after af is due to increase your chances. Order a bunch of 10mlu early response tests in preparation in two different makes. Research the tests to try get ones that are reliable and don't give many evaporation lines. The different makes are for if you "think" you see a line you can check with a different test.
Good luck for when you feel the time is right, keep us updated.

8 years ago

Thanks for the advice Kerzie! I wasn't aware of that, just presumed that because you could test up to 5 days before missed period with cbd that it would show up (if positive!)

If AF hasn't arrived tomorrow I'll pick up a different one! X

8 years ago

Hi!
Thank you so much for responding guys
All of the symptoms I've experienced are all the same as I'd usually have before my period, with 2 exceptions. Normally, I get really bad cramps before I start but this time I've only had a few moments of feeling crampy and they weren't bad at all (I certainly wish my cramps would always be like that lol) and this is tmi too lol but over the past week and a half I've had increased cervical fluid, mostly creamy, a really light yellow and I've never had that before I started my period so I don't know.

Let me know how it goes for you, Sheeny. I'm probably going to give it a couple of more days.
Praying for you. I hope you get a BFP!

Kerzie, do you have a favorite brand you'd promote using?

8 years ago • Post starter

Yep I've had the exact cm you described hun! Last night I thought it was AF coming but just more yellow cm

So AF still hasn't showed her face this morning, but weirdly all the cramping has stopped. I'm on knicker watch at the moment haha!!

Last month I was in the same position as I am now, but was told I never ovulated (I'm on clomid) and that's why AF didnt show her face. This time around, I had the trigger shot which forced me to ovulate so hoping this means I will def get AF if implantation didn't happen. I do hear clomid lengthens your cycle so I might just be getting her late!!!

Was going to test again this morning but got too scared. Going to go grab a FRER at lunch time, and if that tests negative then I'm going to call my RE tomorrow and see what the heck is up this time!!!

Let me know how you get on J! xxx

8 years ago

"Knicker watch" omgosh LOL. Me too!

I've taken Clomid before, but I ended up with a huge ovarian cyst because of it so I'm kinda anti-Clomid lol But only for me. I have POS so it was a risk anyway, but now I definitely don't want to try it again. If I'm not pregnant this time, I'll probably see my doctor about taking Metformin. I work in a hospital, and there's a woman here who knows 3 women personally who started taking it and got pregnant within 3 months so I thought it might be worth a shot. Maybe it's something you could ask your doctor about too if you end up not being pregnant this time (though I really hope you are! ).

And I'm too scared to take a test too lol I asked my husband yesterday if he thought I should take one and he just goes "no" and walked away lol Later I asked him why and he said he didn't want it to ruin our day.

I might tonight though!

Hi lovely!

That's spooky you say that - I have PCOS too and this is my second round of clomid! But first round with metformin (1500mg a day) and I took the trigger shot. You should definitely see about taking met, I've had no troubles with it at all. And also.......

I got my BFP last night!!!

I used a First Response test first and the two lines were so clear, so I followed up with a clear blue digi and it confirmed. Booked into the doctors this evening to check.

Test Hun you need to test!!! And let me know how you go!!

8 years ago

That's so exciting!! I'm so happy for you!

I finally broke down and did a test this morning but it was negative. And of course 20 minutes later, I started getting my normal, yet horrible, cramps before AF shows up.
Now I'm just frustrated because if it's coming, I want it to hurry up and get started so I can figure out when I might ovulate and try again.

I know how you feel Hun I was the same. But your not out yet!! I am still having AF cramps now! You never know. Leave it a couple days if she hasn't shown her face and test again

8 years ago

Last page

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo