Community post

Discussion

Was anyone's first child unplanned, now TTC #2?

View Full Post

Hello :)

This is all new to me because my first child was unplanned. I wondered if anybody was in the same boat?

I'm fascinated by statistics and figures so I am like a kid at Christmas on this site, running around playing with all of the calculators. It's fun! I am not temping or doing OPKs (yet) - just playing around so far.

My older child is seven, and I had him with a different father to my husband who I am TTC with now. I can barely remember being pregnant the first time so it really feels like an entirely new experience, and of course, the planning part definitely is.

How is everyone else feeling? How old are your older children, do they have a different father to your current partner? Would love to chat with anyone in a similar situation.

27 Replies • 8 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

21 - 27 of 27 Replies

My little one was a surprise! Now, we are ttcing again & DD is 10 months old!

8 years ago

Yay, yaaaay korenelm!

I am tentatively joining you. I POAS this morning and flooded it :( Was going to leave it but I could see a shadow of something as it dried out. It was driving me crazy, so I took another. That one was inconclusive - it just went streaky and didn't clear until after the 5 min window. An hour or so later, it was a faint positive but obviously you're not supposed to trust them then. So DH urged me to buy a better test.

Another squinter! So I'm - cautiously - excited over here! I've been sending him pics over IM but they aren't showing properly in pics which is soooo frustrating!

I will try again in a couple of days, fx it gets stronger!

8 years ago • Post starter

I'm in a similar situation, I was on the pill when I got pregnant with my now 5 yr old son so I wasn't trying I was in denial the first couple moths til I saw his little heart beating at the ultrasound. Now I'm married to a different guy (but he is the only father my son has ever known) and we have been trying for about 3yrs now every month I hope I get a BFP and its always the same :(

Mrs.Smith

8 years ago

Hi MamaSmith :)

How is everyone getting on? Unfortunately though my BFP was a BFP it wasn't a sticky one. So now waiting until I am cleared so we can start trying again.

7 years ago • Post starter

Yes! My first was a surprise now, 9 years later trying for a brother or sister! This is our first month TTC and I had no idea what goes into the miracle of life, the timing is crucial. I love it!

7 years ago

It's so fun isn't it Island?

Well I'm finally back on the horse so to speak. 1DPO today in the first real cycle after MC. It is nice to be back here and I will be obsessively hovering over that symptom checking section of the site.

7 years ago • Post starter

Yes my first was unplanned! Shes 2 now. We are trying for our 2nd now! Currently waiting for AF to show her face or a BFP, this our first month trying. It is a super weird feeling planning it now lol. I also love the statistics and calculators too!

7 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo