Community post

Discussion

Was anyone's first child unplanned, now TTC #2?

View Full Post

Hello :)

This is all new to me because my first child was unplanned. I wondered if anybody was in the same boat?

I'm fascinated by statistics and figures so I am like a kid at Christmas on this site, running around playing with all of the calculators. It's fun! I am not temping or doing OPKs (yet) - just playing around so far.

My older child is seven, and I had him with a different father to my husband who I am TTC with now. I can barely remember being pregnant the first time so it really feels like an entirely new experience, and of course, the planning part definitely is.

How is everyone else feeling? How old are your older children, do they have a different father to your current partner? Would love to chat with anyone in a similar situation.

27 Replies • 8 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

11 - 20 of 27 Replies | Last Page

Its nice to see more ladies in a situation like mine.

I see a lot of people who don't know what its like to be a step parent but in the same breathe being the main or only parent.

The gap will be a little tough but I think that almost all of my 3 kids will be with me for a few years after they graduate. LOL

there will be at least a 7 year age gap with my youngest now to a baby. but a ton of friends, neighbors and family are having babies so we will have that :)

Dakota - don't give up - just enjoy the time with DH and the kids. a baby will sneak in :)

TTC #4 User Image

8 years ago

Foreversomeday I understand your situation 100% my first was not planned, she is 8 years old now and the best girft of my life.. with my ex husband...
now i remarried over a year a go and we are now trying to get pregnant.. we are gping by calendar and i even took bc piils to make my periods regular and then we stared trying so far nothing had happen... but we had been praying and we hope that this time we get the blessing we had been praying for. my daugther my husband and I are 101 % ready for a new member of the family... praying you get a positive result

8 years ago

Ah thanks Snomero. You too.

Korenelm, that's sort of where we are too. DS is seven and even if I got pg this month he'd be eight by the time baby was born. But I live in Germany now and among the expat community there always seems to be somebody having a baby, and I'm also coming to the age where a lot of my friends close in age to me have got married in the last year or two so it's likely that they will also be thinking about having babies soonish as well, which is nice, especially as I was so out of step with most of my peers before. Lastly four close friends have all had babies this year - 2x #1, a #2 and a #3, so that's nice to know as well as their babies will hopefully be within a year or two of ours which will be nice longer term.

8 years ago • Post starter

Hej, I think I can join in here.

I had a very surprising pregnancy back in 2012. Defenately not planned at all and I wasnt even with the father. Indeed our little fairytale only occured during christmas before and lasted over 4 dates and two bd while protecting myself as well.
We and the father come from the same country but both lived away that time. Me in Europe and he in US. We had only come to our home country to spend time with our families at christmas

Anyway I was still lucky. The timing was good for me. just about the time I finished my MA. The timing for the dad was not as good since he had recently moved abroad and planned to study there for the next couple of years. He is a couple of years younger than me.
The news came as a huge surprise to both of us but luckily he is a very decent boy and took his responsibility. We decided not to be together nor even try that since we were not in love but after the news we both moved back to our home country to take care of our little diamond. We have done this pretty well I believe and we are as much of a friends as we can since we really want to bring up our boy with a lot of love in a healthy environment.
Today we again live in seperate countries and both have new relationship. Indeed his father came to visit us over this weekend and will even stay at our home so he can be with his son. We plan to use the opportunity and abandon our home and them for the weekend so they can have a quality time.

Anyway now me and my boyfriend are TTC the second and this is my second cycle we try. This child will be his first biological one but he has defenately proved himself to be a GREAT dad. So I am very much looking forward to try and do it all again now and more prepared in a healthy relationship. I would never turn back time again but I am not sure I would like to go through this all alone Again. But I chose wisely and my DH is defenately here to stay.

It is great to read stories of women in similar situation. :)

Now waiting for my periods. I think i ovulated very late last time CD21 if I am correct.
On a normal cycle my periods were supposed to be here yesterday but still I think i need to wait up to a week more to test. Hope my AF wont come

I wish you all the greatest luck :D

8 years ago

Hey Ladies - Hope everyone is doing well.

Just wanted to check in and see where everyone was at.

AFM - 11 DPO - no really signs. 9 DPO had cramping, 10 DPO had 1 time spotted. BBS have nothing going on - just normal.

DH thinks its a BFN this month because it was stressful month for me. But I am holding prayers that is waiting.

Cant test till Sunday and I'll be 13DPO so it will be a very reliable result.

What's everyone else's testing schedule???

TTC #4 User Image

8 years ago

Hi everyone i had to jump in on this one i can relate a lot! I didnt plan my first pregnancy i was very young when i had my daughter. Shes 7 now and i have a new partner. We didnt plan my second pregnancy either ( nov2015) i ended up having a miscarrige this jan. We have been ttc since feb but after 2 DnCs ( jan16th feb 1st) im starting worry i wont be able to. the last two cycles i thought forsure i was pregnant again but i guess it was just because of my previous two unplanned so i thought it would be easy. Im currently 6dpo and somewhat hopefull.

8 years ago

Negative Tests since 8dpo I'm 12DPO and today was negative too. No symptoms other than AF arriving Sunday... Pretty sure I'm out.

Lots of sticky dust and testing happy thoughts to everyone!

User Image

8 years ago

Hi everyone.

I am on DPO 15 or 12 right now. My app says that AF is due on Tuesday but no sign yet other than some spotting. I tested on Saturday because we were having friends over, but nothing. I am planning to hold out until Friday if AF doesn't show up but I'm not sure I have that much patience!

8 years ago • Post starter

Hey Everyone!!

Maddie - Hold on Girly!!! It will happen!!!! I am sorry for your struggle.

Tryin - I am so sorry. 2017 baby YAYAYYA

Forever - hold out a little longer!!!!

AFM - AF due today - DH and I FMU on FRER and we got out . Im in complete shock. Just complete shock. So excited

TTC #4 User Image

8 years ago

Congrats! And sticky dust to everyone. AF arrived yesterday, I'm out this month.

User Image

8 years ago

Last page

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo