Community post

Discussion

Brand new member - love all of the calculators/tools!

Hi all,

Brand new to this part of CTP. I have only used the calculators this site offers (which are awesome!) and didn't realize there was a forum.

Since the New Year, DH and I have been TTC for our first baby.

I was on oral BC for 10 years, and came off of that mid to late December 2015. We waited the amount of time my doc said to before we began officially trying. Thankfully, my periods have been very regular down to the day. January 7, February 7, and March 7 averaging 30 day cycles. I guess I have a thing about the number 7.

I'm 26. DH is 27.

Our ages don't scare me at all, but I do want to explain my username briefly (whatwillbeat33).

My mother, aunt, and grandmother all went through menopause between 30 and 35. My mom most recently at 33. I do have an older sister (28) and we don't know where she will fall in that range, then that leaves me.

So, there was definitely a little anxiety surrounding our decision to go ahead and begin trying. Luckily, that has subsided some, and we are officially in our 3rd month of TTC. So, in other words, what will be at 33 (at or about) will be at 33! I have no control over nature.

I am 7DPO today, and I track periods and fertile weeks using an app on my phone. I introduced a BBT and OPKs this time around simply to be sure my apps are working properly. For the most part, they are accurate.

Still haven't been able to 100% pinpoint my ovulation day but my best guess is anywhere between the 21-23 of each month depending on days in the month.

I will be able to take a HPT Sunday/Monday.

Sorry this is long. Hope everyone gets their BFP very, very soon. Look forward to talking with all of you!

User Image

2 Replies • 8 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 2 of 2 Replies

Thanks for sharing your story about your username. It must be hard for you not to feel pressured. Just enjoy the process and remember one day we will look back a feel like this time went by in the blink of an eye. I also started ttc #1 for new year's. My hubby and I are married 3 years now and we're 28/29. 2 dpo for me. Best of luck to u

8 years ago

Audrey641, thank you! I appreciate you saying that. I know it's really unusual for women to go through menopause that early, so I do feel better when I talk about it. Maybe it will make someone else feel less alone one day because I truly don't know anyone outside of family who has the same family history.

We have had fun trying so far. So glad to know my hormones are all natural again, so I feel lucky things have been pretty good in that way.

I have had some light cramping the past 2-3 days, and I'm still about a week away from my period. We'll see what happens!

User Image

8 years ago • Post starter

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo