Community post

Journal

Headspace Meditation - Day 20

Headspace is a free app on the iTunes App Store that allows you to do a basic 10-day guided meditation for 10 minutes per day.

I've never been someone to be into this sort of "hippy" stuff, but this has opened my eyes a lot for the better. I feel like I suffer with some kind of anxiety disorder, and I let go of the stigma's I put in place on myself for that.

The funny thing is that my Bachelor's degree is in Psychology! I studied the mind. Just goes to show that how you're conditioned to deal with mental health can still overshadow your logic.

I started meditating during my last two week wait back in June. It took several days of practice before I started to feel like the meditation was even slightly helping.

By Days 8 and 9, I was feeling a lot lighter in the mind. Just felt like I was able to address feelings that I had of envy and resentfulness of others who have had an easier time getting pregnant.

I then explored the next levels of Headspace. Level 1 (the first 10 days) is free with the app, but you have to subscribe to access Levels 2 and 3 before you are then let loose into the entire library of Headspace meditations.

The meditation are designed for so many different areas like: pregnancy/pre-pregnancy, relationships, health, anxiety, etc. Some are guided, some are unguided, etc.

I did the monthly subscription option and haven't looked back since.

I just completed Level 2 and will begin Level 3 tomorrow.

In general, I fit my 10-minute meditations in with my daily routine around 10:45am each day. However, day's like today, for example, where I woke up with some negative emotions, I went ahead and did it first thing.

I also had to do the same thing a few days ago when I knew my work schedule would prohibit me from doing the meditation at my standard 10:45am.

I feel proud of myself for sticking with this for this long. I really feel like it has gotten easier and easier each day to just let go and reflect. Some days are harder than others. It's almost like a massage. Some days it doesn't take much to work through stressed tissues and muscles, but other days it takes more pressure and work to get to that point of relaxation.

The best part about Level 2 is you're then allowed to introduce reasons at to why you are meditating and how those reasons can assist your relationships.

I noticed that when I was stressed about TTC, my husband was then more stressed about TTC. BDing on the right days just became more of a "we have to do it because we're supposed to," and since that hasn't worked in 6 months, I knew something had to change.

Overall, I'm excited to see what Level 3 has to offer before heading into the Headspace library for a "free for all."

If you haven't tried meditation and just need an outlet, I recommend Headspace fully to anyone.

EDIT: Day 23-today were a little restless during meditation, but I still received some benefits. I get interrupted at times, but still don't have a hard time refocusing which is good.

8/2/16 - Headspace foundation pack was completed about a week ago. I am onto the Anxiety pack now to help mellow me out. I have missed about two days, so I am working on catching up. Overall, still great results.

User Image

0 Comments • 7 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo