Community post

Discussion

CD 28 / 8dpo anyone else testing this weekend?

View Full Post

Hello all,
I'm a newbie - trying to conceive baby#1. Currently CD 28 / 8dpo - I ovulated later than expected but relatively accurate as I was using digital OPK and charting CM, plus I always get 'mittelscmerz' (ov pain). All 3 methods matched nicely to indicate my ov day was 2nd September.
I use 30 days as my cycle length (never shorter that 30 days) but quite often they are slightly longer (I suspect due to delayed ovulation) - hopefully that's the case this month otherwise potential bean would only have a 10 day LP to successfully implant and produce enough hormone to stop the witch!

I was feeling good about this cycle having successfully pinpointed ovulation and BD'd plenty before during and after.
5/6 dpo - I felt really exhausted and napped both afternoons. Creamy cm. Sore boobs (boob soreness not unusual leading up to AF though).
7 dpo - all of above plus twinges in right abdomen that feel to me EXACTLY like ovulation pain. V. Confused that I could be ovulating again??! despite non-fertile cm and having already ovulated the previous week I took an OPK test - it was negative. A little research suggested it could be implantation. So I took this as a positive sign
However today - 8dpo - symptoms have largely disappeared ... I don't feel particularly tired, boobs slightly tender but not as much as previous days. No twinges. Only thing still there is creamy CM.

If AF hasn't shown up in the meantime I'll be testing Sunday 12dpo. Anybody else in a similar cycle pattern testing this weekend? Please feel free to share your current feelings/symptoms.

Xxx

40 Replies • 9 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

11 - 20 of 40 Replies | Last Page

I want in on raising the odds, Od on sep 5 however im not 100% on that. Had spotting on 7 dpo and I have never spotted before af before ever, I was tired on dpo 7 and 8 but I feel annoyingly better today and seem to ha e no symptoms apart from some slight cramps that iv had since O. Tested today but got bfn but then it really is crazy early...

9 years ago

Thanks ladies.
Mrs P, Sorry for the bfn, but like you said it could take 12 days implantation and 2 days for hcg to build.
14dpo usually gives you a more reliable answer either way. I'm going to test again tomorrow morning. Just going to do it every 2 days until AF.
In terms of symptoms...I don't know...I disregard anything that resembles symptoms now as I've seen them all before and never got a bfp. I also suffer with IBS so never know if that's the cause of tenderness/cramps and nausea. I also have tender breasts from O to AF so that doesn't really tell me much either! Ha! I guess we'll just have to wait and see....

9 years ago

Can I help raise the odds, too? I O Sept 4. Had what felt like ?implantation cramps/dull pressure off and on on 6dpo, and sore nipples & fatigue off and on for past several days. I've managed to conjure up almost every symptom listed on this site,. I tried not to test, but have been doing so for the last several days. I'm not out yet! How is everyone else doing today?

9 years ago

Mrs. P- I hope you're right and it just has to build up. I've realized that, just like you, I am obsessed with POAS too. Do they have like a rehab program for that? Took a test at 3 a.m. still negative. AF is set to arrive tomorrow.

I'm sorry about your BFN. It is so discouraging isn't it?

Everyone else- HI! Someone in this thread has to definitly be pregnant.... I'm 99% positive that I'm out, but still hoping that someone gets a positive, so we can celebrate.

9 years ago

You are so right about a bfn being discouraging, I have decided not to test untill 14 dpo now unless I get some drastic symptoms ofc. As well as that I keep telling myself that im feeling queezy this morning but I really don't feel like I can trust my own brain at this point. Do any of you others feel like you are making symptoms up in your heads? Its really getting me down thinking that probably im not having any symptoms and when af gets here ill just feel like a fool for pretending.

9 years ago

Hi ladies - some positive sounding symptoms on here! there's definitely enough of us now - someone has to have a sticky bean!!!
I hope you are all feeling ok. I know it's so disheartening getting a BFN - a lady at work had a baby just 8 months ago and has just announced she's pregnant AGAIN with number 6!!! I need some of whatever she's having!!

I went to the loo this morning and noticed a brownish tinge to my cm (very slight, I probably wouldn't have even noticed if my knickers weren't white) but I resigned myself to the fact that AF was finally on its way. However I've just got home from work and there's nothing - just back to white/creamy cm?!
This is very unusual for me - in fact I've never ever had spotting - my periods just sort of 'start'. Surely 13dpo is too late for the infamous implantation bleeding???
It's probably just AF teasing me ... Huh so cruel.

Elizsabeth, as you can see I'm right there with you on the driving myself crazy symptom spotting! I don't think they're in our head, the trouble is Pg symptoms are EXACTLY the same as AF symptoms, and when we are on the look out for them we just notice them more. Example above: perhaps my cm does usually get a brown tinge before AF and I've just never really looked too closely before

Ardency was your AF due today? How are you doing ...?
Xxx

9 years ago • Post starter

Hmmm definitely do wonder if we are just super super sensitive to any kind of twinge or ache or nauseous-ness during the TWW. Like I said, now I just disregard them. And occasionally I'll get something 'different' and think this could be it....but no...still BFN. Even this month I have different symptoms. I actually have got really bad skin that has come on the past 2 days and I rarely suffer with spots/acne. I also have he backache I get when on AF. But am now 11dpo so still too early for AF? Pffft I don't know?! I did a hpt this morning and bfn. Will try and test again in 2 days but may end up caving in in the morning! Eugh! TTC is supposed to be fun....

9 years ago

Yep, AF is supposed to arrive today. Still hasn't shown up, which made me hopeful. Still got a . Ugh, I just want it to come, so I can get it over with and start with the next month. . Although, what I would really like is a .

9 years ago

Still no AF. It's strange because I'm always regular. Still getting BFN. Although, yesterday I thought I saw the faintest of faint lines, but I think it's wishful thinking and line eyes. I was reading if it's still possible to be pregnant with a negative this far out... A couple people were talking about how they had it happen when they were pregnant with twins. I was like and then laughed because that would be hilarious is my husband did like he said and knocked me up with twins. How long do I go before contacting the doctor to have them draw blood? I know it's early now and I need to wait it out, I'm just the type of person who likes to know that if something doesn't happen by x date this action should be taken. How is everyone else? Any positives?

9 years ago

Ardency that would be hilarious if hubby was right! Fingers crossed for you. I'm not sure how long you should leave it before calling docs. I guess it depends on how regular you are. If your cycles are like clockwork then you could always call to make a non-urgent appointment and then cancel it if AF shows up?

Unfortunately I'm out for this month AF arrived today - a whole 4 days late! But the witch was just teasing me ...
I've had my little cry and now looking onwards and upwards for a June baby! Both me and my brother are June birthdays so October was obviously a fertile month for my mum - let's hope it's hereditary haha
To give myself something positive to do I've ordered a basal body thermometer and I'm going to learn how to chart temps this month! So far I've been charting cm and using OPK's so if anyone has any handy hints or tips for charting temps please feel free to share

Best of luck to all you ladies still waiting ... I will keep my eye on this thread in hope of celebration Thank you for sharing your thoughts and experiences it's kept me sane knowing I'm not the only one going insane!!
Those in the same boat as me (whilst I hope that's none of you!) don't be too disheartened, I'm so pleased to have found some cycle buddies! I will meet you back here in a couple of weeks for another TWW ...?

to all.
Xxx

9 years ago • Post starter

Last page

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo