Community post

Discussion

CD 28 / 8dpo anyone else testing this weekend?

View Full Post

Hello all,
I'm a newbie - trying to conceive baby#1. Currently CD 28 / 8dpo - I ovulated later than expected but relatively accurate as I was using digital OPK and charting CM, plus I always get 'mittelscmerz' (ov pain). All 3 methods matched nicely to indicate my ov day was 2nd September.
I use 30 days as my cycle length (never shorter that 30 days) but quite often they are slightly longer (I suspect due to delayed ovulation) - hopefully that's the case this month otherwise potential bean would only have a 10 day LP to successfully implant and produce enough hormone to stop the witch!

I was feeling good about this cycle having successfully pinpointed ovulation and BD'd plenty before during and after.
5/6 dpo - I felt really exhausted and napped both afternoons. Creamy cm. Sore boobs (boob soreness not unusual leading up to AF though).
7 dpo - all of above plus twinges in right abdomen that feel to me EXACTLY like ovulation pain. V. Confused that I could be ovulating again??! despite non-fertile cm and having already ovulated the previous week I took an OPK test - it was negative. A little research suggested it could be implantation. So I took this as a positive sign
However today - 8dpo - symptoms have largely disappeared ... I don't feel particularly tired, boobs slightly tender but not as much as previous days. No twinges. Only thing still there is creamy CM.

If AF hasn't shown up in the meantime I'll be testing Sunday 12dpo. Anybody else in a similar cycle pattern testing this weekend? Please feel free to share your current feelings/symptoms.

Xxx

40 Replies • 9 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

31 - 40 of 40 Replies

make the best out of not trying for a little while, i got married in august and though we were trying from about may there was several times that we were too stressed out to even think about it and planning a wedding whilst either trying to think about ovulation times or signs and all that is very stressful not to mention what it must be like in early pregnancy, i say it to cheer you up but i know its rather hard to hear when all you want is a baby. But then remember how everyone says it happens when you aren't trying. :)

On another note thank god for opk's getting to poas 10 days in a row XD

9 years ago

Sorry to hear that Ashleigh, but it is true - one of my best friends was trying for 8 months using OPK's / charting etc then gave it all up because couldn't face the constant disappointment, plus they had a holiday abroad booked - month 9 she fell pregnant! Didn't even pee on a stick until her period was 2 weeks late and got her BFP. I hear so many similar stories so rather than 'trying' just don't 'not try' and you never know ... ;-)

I'd love to take my own advice unfortunately, like Elizsabeth, I'm a POAS addict!!

Any ladies still outstanding? ... Nuggy? Eat2nourish?
Xxx

9 years ago • Post starter

Yep, hopeful for June. I'm sorry Ashleigh. Like everyone else said, maybe it'll happen without you trying.

9 years ago

I'm pregnant! Turns out period was implantation bleeding! !!

9 years ago

WOW!!! My statistics were right!!! Haha! congrats lovely that's such wonderful news!!!! did you just get BFP today? xxxxxxxxxxxxx

9 years ago • Post starter

M on ttc no 2 9dpo no signs but still hope for the best

9 years ago

yes i was really worried as to why my period had stopped (or never really started) so i thought id test just in case and i couldnt believe the line appearing! i keep thinking it was the odds that did it so thank you all ;)

9 years ago

Wow, congrats! That is great news! I'm very happy for you!

9 years ago

And by the way i have not had any symptoms i don't usually have at all and im 18 dpo today, so don't lose hope just because there isn't any. Baby dust may rain on you all and you will all have june babies <3 <3 <3

9 years ago

Congo eliz <3

9 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo