Community post

Discussion

5 weeks pregnant and cant sleep??

I just fount out im pregnant with my first. We found out 2 days ago. And ever since then I cannot sleep through the night. I keep waking up at 3-4am wide awake even though I know im exhausted. Anyone experience this or know whats causing it and what I can do? I work full time so I NEED my sleep!

2 Replies • 9 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 2 of 2 Replies

Hi and congrats! I'm 10 weeks pregnant with my 2nd and even before I got my BFP I would wake up every night at like 5-6am (while I normally wake up at 8) and just be consciously awake like my head was awake but when I opened my eyes I was exhausted! I also work full-time and have an active 3yr old so I know what you mean by needing your sleep! I woke up, especially around my BFP, atleast once to go to the bathroom at 3-4 am on top of it! It took atleast a week for the peeing at 3-4am to stop but I still wake up atleast an hour before my alarm no matter what time I go to bed...

I hope that helps you to realize you're not alone and I hope it gets better or stops! H&H 9 mths!

User Image

9 years ago

Wow this happened to me too. As soon as had first BFP I woke up during the night at 1.30am like on the dot every day even at weekends when going to bed time was different. To begin with think it was the knowledge and unable to rest but also had the peeing urge, that happened precisely for a week and now Im 5 weeks 1 day its not as bad although still need to go otherwise desperate when wake up with alarm....its as if your body is getting used to the idea and then it settles down to it all.

9 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo