Community post

Discussion

HSG Test - Timing

My doc. ordered an HSG after my next cycle and I'm ovulating today, so my OPK Kit tells me. Is it safe to try this cycle or will I rish the test causing damage or anoher MC b/c it would be VERY early in the PG. Advice?

User Image

3 Replies • 12 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 3 of 3 Replies

The test is usually done right after you stop bleeding, to make sure that it does not flush out a possible new pregnancy.
I would reschedule for after next period.
If you do get pregnant from this ovulation, it would def. not be good to do it!

12 years ago

my dr and i mapped it out to where i got my hsg b4 ovulation, if you can swing it to have the hsg like 10 days after ov then go for it and get a Bhcg done to make sure you are not pregnant b4 the test, after rereading your q, sounds like youll get it after period too, and b4 ovulation next cycle, go ahead and bd, and if you get pregnant cancel the test...but weigh the pros and cons first, an hsg is said to be wonderful for you, a clean out if you will, and since i had mine, way easier to get pregnant, still not easy to carry tho, so my thing is if you bd and get preg after birth will you be able to get an hsg? really your body your decision

me 29,endo, pcos, 1 tube, low progesterone dh 25, normal may 2006 uterine june 2010-october2011 7 more all 4 ectopic , 3 suspected chemicals back to trying now with 1 tube>>> dec2011 jan 2012 feb 4 feb 13 feb 201210dpo14dpo..beta of 3[16dpo

12 years ago

Thanks for your response. I think I will try since I am ovulating and I have scheduled my HSG after the end of my next period and before my next Ovulation.

User Image

12 years ago • Post starter

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo