Community post

Discussion

Late Ovulation

Hello! I've been trying for about 18 months now, with one MC the Sept. before last. I'm noticing with OPK that I'm ovulating on CD 18-23, or I'm getting + OPK all of those days. Any advice on how to concieve if you ovulate late? I also recently had an HSG test and all was normal, so that's good news, but no + PT yet. Any advice is welcome!

User Image

9 Replies • 12 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 9 of 9 Replies

I don't have any advice on this but I am also looking for an answer... Keep your chin up !! If I come across anything new I will email you..

12 years ago

Thank you! You too! I was so glad someone responded. :)

User Image

12 years ago • Post starter

I ovulate around CD20 also and have 40 day(ish) so it's kind of in the middle of the cycle like most women would get OV around day 14 in a 28 day cycle. Or do you have a short luteal phase?

Daisypath Christmas tickersLilypie Trying to Conceive Event tickers Clomid cycle #1 Clomid cycle #2 Clomid cycle #3

12 years ago

I ovulate around day 18-21 and I have an average of 32 day cycle. Any thoughts?

User Image

hi,

I also have average 32 day cycles, i Ov around cd 18-20, but i have done some research and it shouldn't pose much of a threat to ttc.

User Image Me: 23 DH: 30 Married: June 2010 ttc#1 - lets make it happen! where are you sticky bean? Need a

12 years ago

Best of luck to all of you! If you guys come across any new tricks that you hear of, please post them. :)

User Image

I always have a 3 day LH surge... 2nd day being the darkest test line, but that dark line is usually still dark morning of day 3. It doesnt lighten up till evening of day 3, yet it still shows a smiley face or a dark enough test line to count as a positive. My question is this... if you get a positive on all 3 days, and day 4 is when it shows negative... does that indicate ovulation on day 3 or is it possible you still ovulated on day 2? I test twice a day close to ovulation and i test till it shows negative. reason being is I am using IUI and its critical that I get the IUI on day of ovulation... and I am concerned that it has not taken because perhaps ovulation is occuring on the last day of the surge instead of day after first positive, etc. Any input is appreciated. This may help those of us who have longer surge days :)

User Image[/url]

12 years ago

Just to update: On a fluke, my GP did bloodwork and turns out I may have a mild Thyroid issue. (My TSH was 3.44 and needs to be 2 or below to conceive and throughout a pregnancy.) So I was concerned about late ovulation, when the Thyroid may be the issue. If any of you haven't had your Dr. call in bloodwork to check your TSH, you may want to. Thanks and much luck to everyone!

User Image

WOW! so many ladies with late ovulation!

I really thought i was like the only one. My cycles seem to be getting longer yaaay for me (not!). I've not gone from ovulating on a CD17/18/19 for a 30-33 day cycle to ovulating around CD21/22/23 for a 36-37 day cycle - having said that I'm currently on CD36 at 15DPO and have no idea when AF will arrive, not testing until i'm a week late tho. Pretty sure nothing happened this month.

To answer your question tho, my doctor advised that ovulating late isn't that bad, just means you have to wait longer to ovulate and depending on how long your luteal phase is as to how long you wait for AF or BFP to arrive.

Good luck & plenty of baby dust!

12 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo