Community post

Discussion

Clomid Round 5..is there any hope?

I'm about to start my 5th round of Clomid 50 mg tomorrow and honestly I feel like if it was going to work it would have already. My OBGYN says 6 rounds and then we will look into "further options" whatever that means. DH Sperm Analysis came back fine, I get a positive OPK every month around CD 14-16...we BD every other day for my fertile window. I just don't know anymore. This month I'm going to try accupuncture, chinese herbs and Vitex. What do you ladies suggest?

73600z0z30z10.png[/img][/url]

6 Replies • 9 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 6 of 6 Replies

Round 5 was my BFP round...what I dont understand is why she has u on round 5 at 50mg. Most would have increased it to at least 100mg by round 2-3. 50mg almost seems like a waste, imo anyways. If u dont get ur BFP this cycle, I'd ask if she can increase the dosage...u may need just a bit more of the drug.

9 years ago

He insists that since i'm ovulating on 50mg there's no need to increase the dosage, and also that monitoring is not necessary. I think he mentioned a shot as the next step.

Congrats on your BFP! Would you mind telling me if you got any spotting during that cycle? Clomid has made me have 26 day cycle so usually by today I would have a full flow but I'm still just spotting lightly.

9 years ago • Post starter

I didnt have spotting on any of my clomid cycles. Have u taken a test yet or just kinda waiting to see how late u go?

9 years ago

I definitely don't have enough self control to wait lol I usually spot for a day before my period starts on clomid, I tested this morning on Clearblue (the one that comes with the OPK) and it was negative...didnt even see a faint line. I was just waiting for AF to show up so I can take Clomid tomorrow but still nothing.

did you try anything else along with the clomid? vitex, acupuncture etc?

Oh I was taking a disgusting amount of supplements. I added soy to my clomid, and estriol, thats an estrogen to plump up the uterine lining and improve my cm cuz clomid at 150mg absolutely destroyed both. I believe I took black cohosh that cycle as well. Then just my usual fertility-friendly vitamins/supplements. I also used preseed, softcups and opk's, which I had used for the 17 cycles before with no luck, so I def dont credit much to them. Estriol was the new additive that cycle, that and bd'ing on my positive opk and O day...past cycles was bidaily if not daily for a week or more.

So ur doing cd1-5 dosing? Have u tried a later dose approach?

9 years ago

My dr told me to do cd2-6 for the last 3 cycles, last cycle I got some spotting cd 26 then on cd 27 AF started, today is cd 27 for me and still just spotting, I'm having a lot of AF cramps today I keep thinking any minute now she'll show up.

Have you every tried Vitex? I was considering that this cycle..i use preseed as well and we bd every other day and bd on days with a positive OPK. I'll have to look into the estriol but my cm has decreased but it is still there during my fertile window.

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo