Community post

Discussion

Clomid Round 1 First Time User

Hi Ladies! Visited my OBGYN and he's put me on a round of 50mg Clomid cycle days 5-9. Any of you used Clomid before? Any advice/side effects/success stories/tips?

Any info would be greatly appreciated! I'm CD 29, 9 DPO so I'll be starting Clomid next week. TTC my first child, 26 years old.

73600z0z30z10.png[/img][/url]

41 Replies • 10 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 10 of 41 Replies | Last Page

Hi, I just did three rounds of Clomid at 50 mg but started on Day 3-7. I did have a chemical pregnancy on my first round. Did the doctor put you on clomid because you weren't ovulating? I didn't experience too many side effects, just got very bloated. Also, I noticed that my ovulation came on very quickly on day 14. I was doing opk's and was not getting a positive until day 14, the same I ovulated. So watch for that, it may be different with everyone :) I am TTC my first child too, I am 31.

10 years ago

@Jel141234 Thank you for responding! I was ovulating very late in my cycle, around CD 22 (my cycle is on average 29-31 days) and although we've been actively truing for 6 months, i've been off BC for one year now and nothing.

Did you take it in the AM or PM? Also, when are you supposed to BD after taking it?

Hoping we both get our BFP's soon!

10 years ago • Post starter

Our journeys sound very similar. We have been trying for 9 months and off bc fir a year. I was ovulation very late like you and then my period was coming too soon so doc put me on Clomid. I took it every morning and BD every other day until after ovulation. Hope we both get bfp soon!

10 years ago

He told me to schedule it PM AM AM PM for 4 cycles that way you give each ovary a chance or something. So i'll start taking it PM to be safe.

He also told me I had a mild infection and put me on some antibiotics, but my period was due yesterday and today still nothing :-S I just called my pharmacist and the doctor's office and they said that a delayed period isn't a side effect so I should test.

I don't want to get too excited but it would be very ironic if I get a bfp this cycle before I even start the clomid lol.

Will POAS later when i get home from work and see what happens, maybe AF is just a bit late?

It might be delayed because of infection and antibiotics, I know I experienced that in the past but you never know!! Every body is different. Have you been doing your BBT? That always helps me to know late in my cycle if I'm preg or not. I hope you get a BFP!!!

10 years ago

Yeah I think it might just be that to be honest....I don't want to get my hopes up just yet. It's just a bit of a weird situation because I had no intention of testing this cycle.

I have been charting and my temp has been steadily increasing since O day (Sunday Feb 2nd) I started taking a multivitamin with B complex to help with my luteal phase and I guess it worked.

There was a big dip at 5 dpo but it's been increasing slowly since then but I usually have higher temps before AF so I don't want to rely on that too much just yet.

Ya, each person is different and so our body temps. I know when AF is coming because my temps start to slowly dip and they aren't high like when I had my chemical. Do you have any symptoms?

10 years ago

Usually by CD29 my temps start to dip...which was yesterday. Hubby thinks I should wait until Friday to test....not sure if I'll listen to him or not lol

To be honest my main symptom has been a lack of symptoms, usually the day after ovulation I get sore bbs which get increasing sore closer to my period however this cycle they only started becoming sore a week after O day. I also usually start spotting a few days before AF and I haven't even had tinged cm so far.

I started the antibiotics on Saturday so I'm assuming the nausea, upset stomach and dizziness are side effects of the meds?

Doubt it, I don't think meds cause those symptoms. Go home and test, it should be positive if AF is late. Good luck!

10 years ago

Really? well then i guess i'll test when i get home! Will update you asap!

Last page

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo