Community post

Discussion

ANYONE TTC TWINS ?

View Full Post

Hi ladies
I am 41 dh is 40 we have been together 20 years have 6 children aged 19,17, 13, 9, 7 and 5. We have 4 angel babies and we are ttc for the last time
Would really love twins
Anyone else ttc twins ? I obviously know how much work is involved I have plenty of experience in hard work and I know the risks involved in a twin pregnancy (I already have a twin angel baby)
I am only taking natural supplements no clomid or fertility aids as I have no history of fertility problems .
Any advice or a ttc buddy appreciated

110 Replies • 8 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

Replies (sorted by laughs)

61 - 70 of 110 Replies | Last Page

Hi jessmama and southernmomma welcome to all
I<3kids I really hope that's why I feel terrible I have had meetings at work all day and it was such a struggle not leaping up to be sick lol!!
Jessmama prayer is the strongest of all those and I have been praying hard 2 so hopefully we will be blessed with our twins
I lost a twin 10years ago and this babies due date will be the due date of my son (remaining twin) so I conceived on the same day 10years later !
Southernmomma 6 babies is amazing I love having so many children although its hard its so rewarding I really hope you have a boy or 2 to balance the family

8 years ago • Post starter

Mummy of 6, hope this pregnancy gets easier for you! I've heard that it's a good thing to have m/s, etc., that your body is kicking things into high gear and your hormones are in good shape for the pregnancy. I don't have much at the beginning, usually, typically start getting sick around the 15 week mark. Make sure you eat a lot of snacks during the day!

8 years ago

I was just reading back through the thread and saw you took soy too- did it give you major cramps? I had cramping/pinching in both sides during ov. and still have bad cramps now. I only took 240mg total and didn't go the full four days. Seemed odd.

8 years ago

I took 200mg cd 2-6 it was hard as they were so big I struggled to take so many as it was 8 pills a night ! But I didn't get nasty side effects so that was good
I had ovary pain and pinching on both sides too and the 3 days before I actually ovulated I felt major fullness I thought I had ovulated earlier as all the pinching etc felt like actual ov pain and I thought the fullness was early pregnancy feeling but turns out I hadn't ovulated yet the fullness was so peculiar I could really feel something strange when I walked and I could feel lumps on the outside when I lay down then once I had ovulated that all went.
Also you said your cm was watery I had ewcm on the two days I thought I was fertile then on the actual night I conceived it was sticky so I really thought that wasn't the fertile time but turns out it was as I thought I had already conceived few days before I wasn't even careful after bd I jumped straight up and went to the bathroom so it was amazing I actually caught but our bodies are amazing and do what they like so your cm was probably fertile regardless of what it looked like. I had a blatant positive hpt 3dpo ! Which the doc still can't explain it just shows you never know what's going on in there really

Omg, 3 DPO? Are you having multiples? Haha.. You'll have to update once you get your ultrasound!! Soy rocks!

8 years ago

Hi there :) first of congratulations on the bfp's. :)

Me and dh would love twins or a girl but twins would be nice :)

Quick question about the iso flav. I heard that when you have a reliable cycle you shouldn't take it because it could screw up your cycle.

And I live in ireland. They don't sell cassava here :(... sadly can't take it. Anything else that will work for twins?

8 years ago

Vitex is good for overall fertility.. Maca has estrogen- like qualities, so I was told.. But soy isoflavones are really the only thing that has that affect, that I know of.
I'm not convinced cassava works, I haven't seen or heard of anyone it's worked for. Soy isos definitely work to make me hyperovulate. I hasn't messed up my cycle. But like clomid, you don't want to take it every month for months on end, that will certainly mess you up.. I take it for two months in a row at the most. I started with small amounts just to see what my body's reaction would be. Use your best judgement. Good luck!

8 years ago

Maca has many different properties that can help balance hormones. It is very beneficial.

http://natural-fertility-info.com/improve-your-fertility-with-maca.html

8 years ago

I am also trying to conceive twins. I had two children, 4 and 6 years old. I know it is very hectic and so much work is involved that's why I had enrolled both my kids to preschool, so that I got time to think and relax.

8 years ago

Hi ladies hope you are all well
I had an ultrasound this week one tiny heartbeat I am 7 weeks 1 day today so saw a heartbeat at 6 weeks 3 days I was very surprised to see one so early I have never had an early scan before so I suppose I didn't know what to expect but very happy and relieved that all is well I was really expecting to be having multiples as have never felt so ill with any of my other babies but I'm over the moon with my one tiny bean

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo