Community post

Discussion

Anyone else have spotting early on & what was the outcom

This is my 2nd pregnancy & Im almost 5 wks & have been spotting off & on all wk. It happens after sex or after I try to go to the bathroom(pregnancy makes me so constipated) or after I work on something. I got my levels checked early this wk & they said it was at 830. I got it done again today but havent heard anything back yet. Im just wondering if anyone else has spotted this much & how it's been going

4 Replies • 12 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 4 of 4 Replies

I have had spotting but I am only 4 weeks. The nurse told me that sex will cause spotting due to more blood in the cervical area. IT is very normal during the 1st trimester to have spotting.

12 years ago

I will be 6 weeks tomorrow and this is the first pregnancy that I have not spotted. Take on a light duty, everytime I overdid anything the spotting would be worse so just take it easy for a little bit.

User Image User Image

12 years ago

Hi there, I dont know if this helps at all. I had spotting yesterday, every so slight, I am 12 weeks. I had horrible sharp pain in my lower abdomen as well so decided a trip to hospital was needed. It turns out I have a UTI which can cause spotting and if not treated can be harmful to baby. Thankfully they also scanned me 5 days earlier than my planned scan and my baby is fine, it was moving around lots on the screen and I was laughing and crying at the same time from relief. It is always best to consult your midwife or doctor with spotting. Yes it is often nothing but best to be sure

12 years ago

I am 12 weeks pregnant with my 4th baby. No spotting with this one... I did spot with my first and he is a healthy 6 year old boy. :) I only spotted once however...I would also get a slight pink every now and then after sex.

12 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo