Community post

Discussion

How long till you start showing a baby bump???...

Just general convo...how long till you start showing a baby bump once your pregnant... wanting to know when ill start showing

5 Replies • 10 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 5 of 5 Replies

It depends on your build, but my best friend (who is quite slim) started showing a little around 17-18 weeks, but by 20 weeks she had a definite baby bump. This was her first pregnancy.

10 years ago

Thanks for your respond, As im only 5 weeks and im just curious to when your baby bump starts showing, im hoping i end up like your friend as im quite slim and short myself lol

10 years ago • Post starter

With my shirt pulled up, mine wasnt noticeable til about 23 weeks. At 22 weeks I looked thicker around the waistline but no bumping out, 23 weeks was when it rounded out a bit. With my shirt down, and I'm talking a fitted tank or sweater, something tight...26 weeks was the "pop". I'm 5'9" and thin and this is my second kiddo. I was about 7 months before u could see a bump with my first.

Ur weight and frame make a big difference, also the condition of ur abdominal muscles. The tighter/more toned they are, the longer u have to wait to see a bump. Could be a good or bad thing, depends on what ur hoping for I guess!

Congrats tho! =))

10 years ago

@ Dakota
I don't think the more toned you are the longer it takes to show. With my first I was super toned and had abs. I was at the gym 7 days a week. I started showing at 16 weeks and by the time it was the fifth month I had a really round stomach. I think its the opposite. When you are really fit it shows quicker because you have no fat to hide it.
Everyones body is different so it's hard to say

10 years ago

The tighter and stronger ur muscles are the more they are able to support and hold back ur organs becuz they usually take longer to stretch and let go, so to speak. Abdominal condition makes a huge difference. Weight and frame also comes in to play. I started with an underweight bmi and was still halfway through pregnancy before u could see anything more than abs. To this day I still have two muscles that refuse to fully stretch and hurt like hell when baby or ob presses on them. It happens and thats why I put it out there, she needs to know that she may be on the slower side of busting a bump. Nothing's written in stone, we are all different and there really is no true answer to this question, only stories of what happened with our bodies.

There are millions of pics on cdmp if anyone wants to see what different frames, tones and weight can do with a bump.

10 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo