Community post

Discussion

Anyone afraid of multiples and not afraid to say it???

I've been taking injections for 3 days now and each time I stick the needle in I wonder if I've developing multiple eggs (if any at all). So many people try so hard to get one egg, and would be ecstatic with more. I've gotten so much criticism and actually been told that I'm insulting moms with twins. I have a beautiful dtr already, I'm 35 and hubby had to be talked into a second (first too). I had a hard time carrying and delivering the one I have and I have other health issues. There are other reasons but I'm terrified of multiples and have almost backed out several times. I was only able to develop one egg after 10 days on the highest dose of Clomid so I was told that I have somewhat "resistant" ovaries so maybe its a moot point. But am I the only one who feels this way? :-(

9 Replies • 8 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 9 of 9 Replies

You should not worry too much. It is very hard to have twins when you have problems like yours. I read that in a case like yours all the energy of your ovaries goes to develop one strong single egg. If you develop more those will be weak and possibly will not stuck. So, if you get pregnant one strong egg will prevail over others. If your pregnancy does not go well your body will reject it by default. Concentrate to develop strong eggs. It is unlikely to develop 2 very strong eggs.
I saw a documentary on TLC of a woman who was given drugs to develop eggs. One of her cycles she developed 2 viable eggs and was inseminated. She got pregnant (did blood tests) but only for few days. The pregnancy did not stuck and her aunt Flo came when expected. Other cycle she only got one egg and was told by her doctor that her chances are lower to none than her other cycles (when she developed multiple eggs). But she got very pregnant that one cycle with a very healthy pregnancy, after years on trying.

Conclusion> think positive! your chances for twins are slim, and I am not a doctor :-)

8 years ago

Thank You! Doctors give scary answers so non doctors are great! I appreciate you taking the time to answer!

8 years ago • Post starter

You are very welcome! Baby dust!

8 years ago

Nope. I'm not afraid to say it at all!!!!! I am terrified of the thought of multiples. I am also terrified to have a girl. I would be happy with multiples, and a girl but still TERRIFIED! My GYN offered me clomid but after reading how it bumps your chances I decided not to. We're only on on 4 month of trying. I don't know if twins run in my family or not. My grandfather was adopted and I don't speak to my mother so have no clue on her side. Me fear is stress, money, insanity lol. Me and my husband are TTC our first, I'm 34, he's 41. He already works a high stressed job, and we have a lot of bills (who doesn't lol) having two at once......I can't imagine. The fear about the girl comes from not having a mother around and I fear about that bond, not to mention I was horrible when I was younger so I know she would hate me. My husband has 2 daughters that just came into our lives, one just moved in with us and seeing how she is and what my mind thinks.......I know it would be war if I had a daughter lol

8 years ago

LOL see I'm a little afraid to have a boy but mainly because I'm 35 and I know that genetically boys have a higher chance of having issues. Autism runs in our family so that is a big factor. I was convinced I wanted a boy the first time until they told me I had a girl. Now I can't imagine having anything but. I tried Clomid without success. It didn't worry me and I only ever had one egg. Doing injections now and today I had 4 follicles although none were mature yet. Still 4!!!! I'm trying not to worry bc they may never mature enough or maybe only a couple. And even if all 4 do that doesn't mean 4 fertilized, implanted, stay there eggs. :-) Baby dust and good luck to all!

8 years ago • Post starter

Hello girls! Having a boy or a girl does not matter! Treat them equally. When they are in your womb you really don't know until a scan if the child is a boy or a girl. But you still love him or her deeply because you hardly wanted that child and you were very happy to see those 2 pregnant lines.

Whichever he or she would be is your child. Besides their interest in boy or girl stuff they act the same until they grow older. Don't reflect your fears on them because they will feel it (they are also human beings) and act accordingly with your prejudice. You will be amazed to notice their fabulous emotional intelligence even from their first day. There is no competition between you and any of the child. Any of you is a unique human being, even if you have some similarities. This is a fact. Even if you have a boy or a girl they will imitate what you do and the people around. Be an example of a good human being from the first moment of their life, and do not tolerate bad behavior around the child. The last part is the most difficult one. A child's behavior is the reflexion of his environment and could be just as you imagine if you set rules and you are honest with your child.

Advantages of having a girl> you get to buy pretty dresses and do her hair
Advantages of having a boy> you get to teach him how to respect a girl and show him the benefit of it
Advantages of having any gender> you get to enjoy playing with the child, love and caress him(her) and teach her(him) good things. This is your duty as a mother and this is why God wanted you to want to have a child who will have a purpose in life which only He knows.
So, don't concern yourself with the thought of the gender your child will have. But you can pray for a particular gender if you want... He Will give you what is the best...

8 years ago

And by the way> every child loves his mother. I know from experience in my family. Even though he knows his mother is not the best. Until a child gets to hate their parents a lot has to happen and many years have to pass of bad behavior in the family. Your child won't hate you if you punish him or her because a bad behavior. Even if he or she will say this. If you know you did the right thing for your child (this is the purpose of a human parent, to make the right decision for his child until the child grows enough), when the child will grow older he or she will love and thank you for that. There is no exception. Your child is also a rational person.

8 years ago

Lau543- don't get me wrong, I will love and cherish any gender, or as many as I have (if any) just a general fear till it happens. I do believe the whole each person is different, different upbringing theory because I was raised by my father. I was a Tom boy, no girly dresses, no barbies......not because my father wouldn't allow them, he tried....I just said no. I just worry about being a bad mother, especially to a girl because I WOULD be stricter with a girl because I know how it is to be one. Kind of like how men are usually harder on boys. I know I would be strict because I already get on to my step daughter about TONS of stuff, and bite my tongue on a million more because I don't really have a say since she's 19 and just came into our lives.

Hannahsmom- I'd be thrilled either way, and can understand the health concerns.....heck, I keep thinking over and over if it's the right decision to try because I'm 34 and know there's more risk for child and mother. I figure I'm pretty healthy, and hopefully as long as I stay on this path everything will be ok. It is a tough journey though. I don't know how women find the strength to keep trying after months of BFN. We're only on month 3,going into 4 and it crushes me. It's almost like a race against time. I already worry about our age, so I don't know how long I'll mentally be able to do it. It's so hard right now because I have a 26 day cycle, I'm on day 28 now, have had cramps the past 3 days, and temp drop but negative tests and no AF. I'm ready to scream, it's like get here already so I can start over lol. So much of me wants to try the clomid but I'm terrified. I'm also on the low side for testosterone but my GYN says that shouldn't effect fertility. Grrrrrrrrr

8 years ago

Hi dear! I think you worry too much! It is normal to be exigent with a 19 year old which you did not really raised. And about your age I think you are still very young. I'm only 31.5 and after 2 and a half years I would not consider myself old. I'm ttc for almost half a year and because of the stress of analising bbt I renounced to take it this month. I'm now on the end of my 28 th day. On a 27.5 cycle. Last month it was surprisingly only 25 with an unusual 10 days weird bleeding, including 5 days of aunt flo. I know what you are talking about. It's frustrating. I hope this is your month and also mine. I'm also a boysh girl. I work in the Army. I think you will be a wonderful mom!

8 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo