Community post

Discussion

Menopur and TI--Anyone? How long and how much?

I just started Menopur and was given 6 vials of 75. From what I'm reading this will be no where near enough. I understand that the doc is being cautious but I was hoping that I might see results after 6 days. Most of what I can find in forums are people doing IVF which needs quite a few more follies. Anyone not doing IVF that can tell me about how long and how much is the average??

4 Replies • 8 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 4 of 4 Replies

Ideally you have about 10 days of FSH injections before the trigger shot but it can be more or less of course. How many vials (IU) per day you need depends on how well you respond to the medication. Your dr will monitor with blood tests and ultrasounds and adjust the dose upward if needed. I hope this helps.

8 years ago

Ok thank you. I'm overstressing because I really didn't want to start the injections. I'm terrified of multiples for many reasons. Healthy multiples are a blessing but I had a hard time carrying and delivering just one. Plus it took some convincing to get hubby on board for a second before we knew I had fertility issues. This is such a battle and so many people would take triplets or more just to be able to have one that I feel awful being afraid. :-(

8 years ago • Post starter

If you have fertility issues how likely is it that you will get more than 1 or 2 good quality eggs during a stim cycle? Your dr is able to tell from blood tests and ultrasounds how many mature follicles you are developing. If indeed you develop more than 3 or 4 you can always cancel the cycle. I wouldn't stress over it. Anyhow, everything comes with a "price tag". No fertility treatments - you might never get pregnant. Fertility treatments - there is always a chance for multiples.....

8 years ago

I would never get pregnant without tx save a medical miracle. I just vary day to day whether the price is too high. :-) Thanks for replying

8 years ago • Post starter

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo