Community post

Discussion

ladies with irregular cycles this is for you!

Ok forgive my typos as im on my phone lol. Any who I see lots of posts on here about irregular cycles an problems ovulating. Women with PCOS I presume. Plz plz plz do what you can for your own body an health an dont rely on the clomid or metformin only! Research herbs! Vitex is wonderful for us PCOS ladies who have irregular cycles an have trouble ovulating! 1200mg thats 3 pills in the am everyday of the month! It works I went from sparatic cycles to 42 day cycles to 31 day cycles an I ovulate on my own! This herb takes awhile to build up but its worth the wait! Another one is maca I take 1500mg of this in the morning with the vitex. Also works to help hormones an is a super food for your body! Along with those 2 wonderful herbs I take apple cider vinegar, cinnamon, omega 3, red raspberry, and a prenatal vitamin. These herbs have done wonders. I took vitex for 2 mo an got pregnant sadly ended in misscarage at 9 weeks. Feb came with a chemical pregnancy again sad. But on the other hand exciting to the fact I can get pregnant an I can ovulate on my own! I have a 14 yr old daughter an I have never used protection after her birth. I want another I always have but have struggled with thos PCOS for my entire life from puberty until now! I had her at 18 I am now a few days away from 33. I just thought id share an maybe this can help someone else because it has taken me yrs to get here an what a painful an lonley rd I traveled.

4 Replies • 10 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 4 of 4 Replies

That sounds awesome, I myself also have PCOS, when I was diagnosed @ 19 (I'm 35 now) I actually had to bring it to my Dr. because everyone I saw kept telling me my cycle was just going through "changes" and then they even said to me, I'd probably never have children, but they didn't know why. Thank God for the internet, I found out what it was, talked to the Dr and a light went off in his head. I have 3 children, so yes it is possible to have them even with PCOS. My first son I had naturally, my second I had to have medicine make my AF come on and then BOOM I got pregnant with him, my third son I had medicine to make AF come on and then I went on Clomid for 4 cycles and just went I said, you know what it's just not meant to be BOOM, I was pregnant. This time around, 7 years after the last time I gave birth, I'm going the herbal way. I take 2000mg of Evening Primrose Oil; 525 mg of Licorice Root; 1000 mg of Vitex; 1575 mg of Maca; 200 mcg of Selenium; 1000 mg of Cinnamon, 540 mg of Saw Palmetto; a Prenatal Vitamin AND 3 Omega 3-6-9 pills daily. May I ask how much apple cider vinager and red raspberry you take? Also look into White Peony all of these herbs are supposed to help women with PCOS who are ttc. You may find this article of value:

http://natural-fertility-info.com/pcos-fertility-diet

Good luck and maybe blessings on your journey to conceive and deliver a healthy happy baby.

User Image User ImageUser Image

10 years ago

Im taking 900 mg of red raspberry an the same for the apple cider vinegar
I think im going to double my cinnamon. I read a bit on a study that was done but those women were taking more than I currently. Thanks for posting the article I havent got to look at it yet but I will. I took white peony yrs ago in tea form. But havent ventured that far this time. I also bought some saw palemto but just couldnt bring myself to take it after reading on it. Im trying to keep my herbs to a minimum just because I think less is more when trying to get the body to function right. So I pick herbs I think will benifit the most ;). Im glad to hear you have 3 beautiful children an I hope you get your fourth! Im still chugging along. I had my first RE appointment the 14th. I like the place its run by catholics an there more in to natural than chemical. So they took some blood an when or if I get my cycle I have an ultra sound on day 5. They also provide a class on charting
(Which i know) lol but they have there own way of doing things Its part of the treatment so heres to hoping to get everything straightened out!

10 years ago • Post starter

Oh wow what did you hear about Saw Palmetto, all I saw was good things, but I am interested to know what you found out. Generally I hate to take anything that even resembles medicine, but I really really want to have another child so I'm willing to go through just about anything. Sounds crazy I know.

User Image User ImageUser Image

10 years ago

Well.. lol I dont remember what it was I read about the saw palmetto a couple yrs back I just remember thinking hell no.. but now everything I read while trying to figure out what triggered my sour response all seems to be good things. Sorry I know thats no help but it was a few yrs ago. ;)

10 years ago • Post starter

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo