Community post

Discussion

40+ TTC in 2015

View Full Post

Hello,
I had to scroll through so many pages to find recent ladies who are TTC and decided to open a new thread for 2015. This should make it easier to find friends and buddies who are going through the same emotional roller coaster of TTC in their 40's.
Is it worth opening a new thread monthly to keep it current?
Would also like to wish everyone the best of luck, the more people that get a BFP gives the rest of us hope so please don't forget to post.
Baby dust to all ????

219 Replies • 8 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

Replies (sorted by hugs)

161 - 170 of 219 Replies | Last Page

Hello,
Franny, Big hello!!!! I don't really expect a bfp anymore either, don't get me wrong I still hope but maybe it's my way of getting through it with minimal damage. My dh and I have been trying for a long time now too and nothing is obviously wrong with either one of us fertility wise so I think your dh really has to cut himself some slack. After all it only takes one good sperm, it's just unfortunate that everything else has to be perfect conditions at the same time. Have you tried looking for a forum that is for male fertility issues (refuse to use the word problem)? Might do him some good to have extra support. What about giving him a month or two off where he only has to "provide a sample", that way when you do bd it is fun again. That way you can make sure more swimmers stay inside for longer. I know it's not ideal but it will relieve some stress and you might both need that right now.
I don't want to see you give up your dream, when it happens it will be a very lucky wee bean with so much love surrounding it. You WILL be an amazing mummy.
We are here for you, feel free to lean on us until you feel stronger xx

39andcounting, Lol, I'm impatient when it comes to testing too, keep thinking if I find out early I can do everything possible to keep the pregnancy going. And I'm just plain impatient.
Let's hope the witch stays away this month and you get your bfp, would have us all looking up our moon phase.

Take care xxxx

8 years ago • Post starter

http://www.countdowntopregnancy.com/forum/post.php?postid=557981
Granny that's the link to the supplement page, if I have done it right. I'm a bit of a ditz with computers.
Also meant to ask, you mentioned fertility friends, do you post on there too? I tried to join but my email is messed up, wanted to see what it said about my chart. Let me know if it's any good and will open new email for joining.
Thanks xx

Hi Kerzie,

Thank you, as ever, for your amazing support. It is much appreciated! I always think of you typing in Scotland, my favorite place, and having such a kind supporter there makes it seem even better

I do love Fertility Friends. I don't actually post there but their charts are AMAZING. You get VIP access free for the first couple of months. You can input all of your past chart data from here (I did all 18 cycles worth when I first started over there). They have a thing for inputting everything at once that makes it not too hard. Then it analyzes all your patterns and each month it predicts when everything will happen. Much of it I thought I could predict myself, but honestly, their predictions are spot on and I find the ability to look months ahead at when I may be fertile VERY useful! Plus, they give you a score of low, good or high for your BD pattern for the month, which is like a little treat for good behaviour

I would recommend it!

8 years ago

Hello,
Fran, (tired of my spell checker changing franny) I thing we all deserve a gold star for the crap we go through. Don't think people understand how hard it is emotionally unless going through it themselves. Think that makes it even harder cos support in the "real" world is non existent which adds to the pressure.
I wish I had met my husband when I was younger but that was not my journey. If I had people would have encouraged and supported me without judgement but because I'm getting older ttc is like a dirty little secret. Why do people question my right to try for a child? Surely people should see the love, care, patience and stability that a more mature mother can bring to the table.
Rant over.

39, how are you getting on? Any sign of that bfp yet? Keeping fingers crossed for you.

Afm, I'm ovulating tomorrow so will bd my socks off. Fran have you o'd yet? Think we were close in our cycles last month.
Any others starting or in the dreaded tww?

Hiya Kerzie, im due to Ov over the weekend so we must be close on dates, Im with you on other peoples opinions and I know if we are lucky enough to fall some friends will think its disgusting at our age but we talked about this a few months ago and gonna laugh at them, why should we go without because it offends them, your right we are in a better place now, settled, secure, time on our hands and want to complete our little family, we have said also it would have been better probably to have met when we were younger but I believe everything happens for a reason and hopefully we still stand a chance, hope all goes well and sending baby dust your way -x-x-x-

8 years ago

Hi I hope you dont mind me joining in I am due to be 45 in few weeks had a miscarriage july 2014 and still trying to conceive my first child with my partner, I have had ppolyp removed end of last year tiny one.and year befor had a largeone removed which then I got pregnat with the bean I lost I am so hoping I get a bfp this month am 4days past oovalation so hoping for best I also only have one working fallopian tube the other is blocked after having sterilisation reversed many year's ago, I have had 8children all grown up and told am highly fertile but still waiting and ive had countless miscarriges good luck everyone.

8 years ago

Welcome Tracyb, Im 45 too and wishing still for hope this is the month for you, sending lots of and we are here to chat to either way -x-x-x-

8 years ago

Thank you pinkster, its so nice to be with people same age as we try this journey I hope we all get a bfp asap so we all have a special bean :)))) xx sorry new to these emoticons lol how long you been trying pinkster xx

8 years ago

Hiya Tracyb we have only been trying last 2/3 months but didnt fall pregnant in last 2 years although didnt plan dates or anything then, I think I had a chemical in Jan as had a positive but then 1 week late AF came, Im quite new too, only been on here about a month but had lots of advice and support from people, trying all sorts of vitamins and things now and if my DH can get his sample to docs will try Clomid next month, still learning the abbrev but everyone been patient with me lol, 8 children? wow you must always have your hands full haha -x-x-

8 years ago

Saw this group and thought I try to give you all hope. First of all I encourage everyone to have their levels checked before taking dhea as it can cause more harm than good if you don't need it. I took 400mg daily of ubiquinol for egg quality. I'm 44 and 24 weeks today with a healthy boy. Never give up! Baby dust****

8 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo