Community post

Discussion

Mystery Pregnancies...do you know anyone?

I personally know someone (my sis) who went 9 months and didn't know she was pregnant and this one was a second child. She is tall and I will say big boned because she has a large stature but not really fat. (her at nine months looked like a maybe 3 months... Even though she wasn't TTC she missed a period and got a BFN. While discussing it with a friend who is super skinny & does not have periods while taking birth control, my sis thought the same thing about herself as she had just started using BC for the first time. When contractions started getting really bad she went to ER thinking gallbladder or appendix, they started checking her in and saw she was dilated and life flight to main hospital with NICU because they were unsure how old the baby was. Turned out he was full term. With her first baby she had Preeclampsia & ended up with emergency c- section delivery about 6 weeks early, thus long before know what contractions were. They immediately placed her in ICU and baby in NICU. Sister coded twice after that giving birth and was in the ICU. the hospital was so concerned to get her blood pressure under control they did not give my sister a chance to even see the baby before taking her to NICU. They kept sister in ICU for about 3 days and decided to have some scans done since her blood pressure was not coming down. We as family knew the issue and one thankfully smart nurse. Her blood pressure was dropping because she was so stressed she hadn't seen the baby at all and each time we came to visit my sis she knew we had seen the baby. So during the trip for scans a detour was made for her to see DD, blood pressure immediately dropped backed to normal. We believe it was God's blessing she didn't know she was prego the 2nd time because she would have most likely died from eclampsia. The stress of finding out she was pregnant so soon and giving birth 2nd time around if she had known given their current income situation she literally would have stressed herself to death. What's crazy is two days before she gave birth I had started to ask her " are you ..." stopped myself before saying pregnant. Then 2 days later a 430 am and got the call she was having a baby. I'm interested to see if anyone else on here has a I didn't know I was pregnant story of their own or someone they know closely. I've seen the show, but we know there has to be more out there than we have seen.
Both kids are in their teens and doing well BTW just in case anyone was wondering....

User Image

0 Replies • 10 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo