Community post

Discussion

Did Any Of You Ladies Get A BFP With Vitex?

I just started vitex and i am going to take it all cycle long. Have any of you used vitex? How much did you take? and How long did it take you to get you BFP?

8 Replies • 10 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 8 of 8 Replies

I started taking vitex during the cycle I first got my BFP. I liked the way it starting leveling out my cycle, which is normally pretty sporadic.

10 years ago

I was trying for 2 years and couldn't conceive because of irregular cycles. I had read that vitex could regulate your cycle so I started taking it. I got pregnant the same month, but it was probably because we had also decided to take a break. :) I was taking 225mg once a day. I just started trying again and I take vitex the whole cycle. I am 5dpo and I am not getting all the wicked PMS symptoms I had last month. Even if I'm not preggers it is worth it. Good luck!

User Image

10 years ago

I just started taking Vitex this cycle too, along with Dong Quai and Evening Primrose oil. I take 1200mg a day (400mg pills, 2 in the am, 1 in the pm). I have been ovulating on my own, but my cycles are quite long so I am hoping this will help regulate them a little. I read that it can take up to 3 months to start taking full affect, but lots of ladies notice changes in the first month. Last cycle I ovulated on CD23, so I'm hoping this cycle is a little sooner. What about you?

Fingers crossed it works for both of us!!!

10 years ago

Me and dh have been having unprotected sex for about five years and I have never gotten pregnant. Dh has a child from a previous relationship so I knew all a long it was me. I took opks last month for the first month and I never got a positive opk. I started seeing a naturopath who recommended taking vitex so here I am. I take about 1500 mg a day. I started on cd1 and I noticed that I am having a lot of blood clots. My periods range from 26-35 days so I need a little regulation as well.

10 years ago • Post starter

In december I started taking femaprin(vitex extract 225 mg/vitex fruit 100mg/b6100mg x1daily). I was already on cd 60-something by the time I took it. 3 weeks later I got AF. In January I ovulated around cd 13/14 and got a BFP on February 1st but on February 6th it ended in a chemical I immediately started taking femaprin again. I ovulated on February 22nd and on March 4th I got another BFP!!!! I have my first appointment next Friday. Not only did it shorten my cycles but it also increased my LP length. I also took this in 2011 with my first pregnancy after 10 months of ttc and hectic cycles I began taking it and 2 months later I had a bfp! GL & babydust!!!!

User Image

10 years ago

Wow that's really good I hope that it has the same effect on me! And congrats on your bfp!

10 years ago • Post starter

Hi there! After 18 months of TTC'ing and irregular cycles, I started taking Vitex and it helped regulate my cycles, but my day 21 progesterone tests were coming back a bit low, so I investigated and vitamin b6 is awesome for boosting progesterone. 2 months of taking the b6 and the Vitex, I got my BFP! Now 6 weeks pregnant ;) couldn't recommend these high enough, after 2 long years they helped us get our dream baby!!

User Image

10 years ago

Hi there I just turned 43 and have been tttc for 3 years. Had a miscarriage last June and since then my cycles have been very erratic.Wanting to go natural I started reading up on some things to help. I started taking Fertilaid which contains vitex and a lot of other necessary vitamins. I am happy to report I got a bfp in my first month of taking it

10 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo