Community post

Discussion

Clomid-should it be monitored?

I went and had the "Clomid" talk today and they recommend me having an ultrasound at day 3 and 10/12 along with a couple office visits with them and bloodwork at another time. I don't think the trigger shot would be necessary to take since I ovulate on my own. Does anyone have any experience taking Clomid without being monitored. I've had bloodwork done a couple times recently and three ultrasounds since August of last year. I'm just starting to try again after a septum resection. They thing I also have PCOS, hence the Clomid. I'd much rather pay the ten bucks for the Clomid every month for the first couple months and then resort to the $1200 for the whole shebang :(

3 Replies • 10 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 3 of 3 Replies

Im not telling u not to be monitored or not do what the doctors want u to do, but I did my clomid cycles without blood work or ultrasounds or triggers and I O'd everytime and knew when it was happening. If ur positive u want to do it unmonitored then I would suggest temping, tracking cm and using opk's to foresee and confirm the entire process.

Again, not suggesting that u dont listen to ur dr, just answering ur question from my unmonitored p.o.v.

Best of luck! =))

10 years ago

I was put on Clomid without being monitored, did an Ultra sound which showed a 2x1cm fibroid. I took clomid on day 5 to 9 and ovulated on Cd14 or 15. 14 dpo today and got a BFN. Doctor told me the fibroid would give me problems because of its location. So the next thing now is getting it removed soon than get back to ttc. to you.

User Image

10 years ago

Thanks for the advice. I have been tracking cm, temping and doing opk's for months now and I do know when I ovulate every month. My doctor thought my charts were a little sporadic but they were always biphasic and in December they checked a progesterone and I had ovulated that particular month which gave me some confidence on my charts. I'm also not too excited about the trigger shot because I already do what it's made to do, so why put it in my system when it's not needed. I picked up my Clomid prescription today, so I have it. I just don't have the doctor's permission to use it unmonitored...which means I could do it unmonitored for at least one month :) I understand why they want to check on things, but I, personally, would just like to try Clomid alone without monitoring for 2-3 months before caving to ultrasounds and blood work. Especially since my insurance won't cover a darn thing!!

10 years ago • Post starter

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo