Community post

Discussion

Pregnancy Support Group

View Full Post

So, congrats you got your BFP. This thread is intended for those who love CTP and want to continue giving and receiving support throughout their pregnancy. Share your fears, baby name ideas, symptoms, and announcement stories (just to name a few things)--anything really! We all know how exciting even the most inconsequential of details can be.

Im looking forward to experiencing this beautiful pregnancy journey with all of you!

186 Replies • 10 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

Replies (sorted by likes)

11 - 20 of 186 Replies | Last Page

smh: It's going good :) I had some horrible hip pains but switched sleeping directions on my bed and it stopped lol. I have an ultrasound on the 19th :) Baby girl likes to kick me in my cervix and it is the strangest feeling EVER haha!! Have you decided on a name?? We are going with Kimmie Lynne... I want that to be her legal name but dh thinks it should be Kimberly Lynne, which I understand. How are you feeling??

User Image

10 years ago

@mamak: So sorry to hear about your hip pain but I am glad you figured out a different way to sleep!! How on earth did you get them to give you another u/s? I don't get anymore :( So bummed. Yep, my baby girl kicks me in the cervix too. The first time it happened I was completely shocked! I asked me OB about it and she said, "Just wait until she kicks you in the rectum!!!" I like Kimmie Lynne! I think her legal name should be Kimmie.. A little different ya know? No name decision here yet. I really love Rella but dh hasn't come around to it yet. We haven't discussed middle names but we'll probably go with Lee unless we name her MarLee, because Lee is my middle name. I am feeling ok. Really bad back pain right now. My legs swell and I have some edema going on which can get to be painful. But overall I am loving being pregnant and I am happy to have every not so fun symptom! So happy our little girl will be here in less than three months (hopefully!).

User Image

10 years ago

smh: I like Kimmie too I think I will push for it!! Well I got another u/s because at my last one Kimmie wouldn't cooperate and they couldn't get a good picture of her left side of her heart so they want me to come back :) I wasn't going to complain haha! I can't believe that its less than 4 months away! Since I'm having a csection at 39 weeks I have exactly 110 days to go.. which is causing me to stress about all the things that need to be done! I cried the other night because the insides on my kitchen cabinets are messy so dh is going to help me clean and organize them tomorrow lol. I think I may be nesting hahaha!!! My sister is going to send out my baby shower invites in a couple days :) I'm just excited bc she is coming in to town for it and I miss her so much!

User Image

10 years ago

I'm going to respond as soon as I get to the gym..just wanted to post this number while it's fresh in my mind.

Beta from yesterday is 11892, doubling time from 2590 is 55 hours. So, pretty quick according to the charts that say it should take 72-96 hours once you're over 1200 and more than 96 hours once you're over 6000.

10 years ago • Post starter

Mamak--I love kimmie! So cute! Push for it! I completely understand the sneaking in extra u/s as that's what I did with my betas. :) hehe not SNEAKING because I can't authorize the tests but I'm not going to complain.

Our little ones name is Alexa Grace or Liam Alexander. DH and I already agreed. Woohoo. Now we need to find out the sex. Only 8.5 to 10.5 weeks until we might be able to find out! I'm thrilled!

Wow, I've been so tired lately I've started napping. Today's nap was at 11--I just couldn't go on with my day without one.

Mamak and law I love those names

User Image

10 years ago

@mamak: You should definitely push for Kimmie. :) You are super lucky you get another u/s! Oh you poor thing! Crying over kitchen cabinets. But I tell you what... crying sure does get the men folk to pitch in and help out!! lol. I haven't purposefully cried yet and probably won't, but when I do, dh sure does come do the rescue! :) Oooh! When is your baby shower? What theme is it? That is awesome your sister is coming into town just for it!

@law: Awesome beta numbers!!! You are so lucky you already have names picked out. It is not fun trying to figure out the perfect name... Napping is good! Listen to your body and nap when feel like it! :)

AFM: I am watching the Live Sound of Music with Carrie Underwood on dvr right now. The sound of music was my favorite movie growing up.

User Image

10 years ago

Hi all, hope you don't mind me joining ya all, my story goes abit like this I've got 2 boys already and we have been trying for #3 for nearly 2 years. I fell pregnant back in October last year but unfortunately lost it at 6 weeks, the February this year I fell pregnant again and again I lost it at 6 weeks. I have just found out that I'm pregnant again and I've just turned 5 weeks so of course I'm getting so scars and nervous right now incase it happens again. I really want to enjoy this pregnancy but all I keep thinking about it WHAT IF!!!!! I don't know what to do as I'm driving myself crazy xx

10 years ago

Therose(ill use rose from now on if that's okay): I am so sorry for your loss and I can't even imagine how scared you must be. I hope you get through the next week okay. Are you seeing a doctor? Getting regular ultrasounds/tests.

Smh--yeah, it's quite nice. We actually can't imagine naming our kids anything else.

Cam-thanks!

Therose: Welcome! So sorry about your losses! I hope everything goes well and you have a happy and healthy pregnancy :)

So I think we have decided on Kimilynne April... just cane decide on the spelling: Kimilynn Kimilynne Kimmilyn Kimmilynne Kimmie-Lynne or any other variation lol.

User Image

10 years ago

Last page

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo