Community post

Discussion

Pregnancy Support Group

View Full Post

So, congrats you got your BFP. This thread is intended for those who love CTP and want to continue giving and receiving support throughout their pregnancy. Share your fears, baby name ideas, symptoms, and announcement stories (just to name a few things)--anything really! We all know how exciting even the most inconsequential of details can be.

Im looking forward to experiencing this beautiful pregnancy journey with all of you!

186 Replies • 10 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

131 - 140 of 186 Replies | Last Page

Law--I know exactly what you mean. Its a constant worry one way or another. My cystic fibrosis blood work came back positive as a carrier so DH had to get tested today. All we can do is hope that his results are negative.

10 years ago

Rice---fingers crossed for you!! I don't know anything about the condition but I know it must be quite worrisome.

10 years ago • Post starter

Thanks Law--If DHs results come back positive then our child would have a 1 in 4 chance of having this terrible disease. So, we would need to get further genetic testing done. Im trying to remain optimistic but I definitely cant help but worry.

10 years ago

rice--what will knowing do for you? I don't mean that in a snarky way but I mean if it's not something you can do anything about is it worth knowing? or is there a treatment available if you catch it early enough?

Law---I know this topic is highly controversial so I dont really want to get into it. But, we would have a very difficult decision to make.

Luckily, the chances of DH being a carrier as well are slim. So most likely we will be in the clear.

10 years ago

Rice--okay, that's fair. I've thought about genetic testing for things and I'm a control freak so I'd want to know all information possible but at the same time I'm afraid that if something were wrong I'd be so torn about what to do with that knowledge that I"d prefer not to know. Does that make sense? I want to remove the choice--I know that's completely individual and I don't judge you for anything that you do or think about your situation because I'm not in your shoes but I just wanted to say that I do, on some level, get it.

Law---That makes complete sense. I totally understand where you are coming from as well. But like you said every situation is different. Im just hoping for the best and I appreciate your understanding :)

10 years ago

@rice: My thoughts are prayers are with you as you wait for dh's test results. I can't imagine the worry you have in your heart right now. HUGS!

User Image

10 years ago

Thanks SMH :) The week wait (maybe longer with the Holidays) is going to seem like forever!

10 years ago

Rice: I hope everything comes back ok! I know this is difficult I have been through genetic counseling and its not fun! My oldest was born with gastroschisis, her intestines grew outside her body through a hole in her abdomen wall, and I had to make that tough choice. Let us know how things turn out... praying for you :)

User Image

10 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo