Community post

Discussion

'Pregnant 1-2' yesterday, followed by 'not pregnant' today?!

Hi,

My husband and I have been trying to conceive for 5 months. I am 34 (nearly 35) he is 38. Previously I was pill for 18 years!

Yesterday I was 11dpo. With FMU I tested two cheap internet dip sticks and they had VERY faint lines. I uploaded the images to this site and 84% of peeps said it looked positive, so when I got home (after not drinking or peeing for 3 hours) I did two more dip tests and again a very faint line appeared, so I decided to use one of the Clear Blue Digitial tests that I had bought a few days ago. It came up 'pregnant 1-2'! I was so happy and told hubby when he got home from work, who was also really happy!

I have been charting my BBT and my temps have been going up and up, this morning (12dpo) it was 36.85, it has never been this high, and this time last month it had dropped back down by 11dpo ready for period a few days later (I have 29 day cycles average). So a high reading this morning looked really promising!

However I did another Clear Blue Digital test this morning with FMU and it said 'not pregnant', and the dip sticks had faint line, but looked a bit fainter than yesterday I think, but hard to tell.

So now I'm confused! Have I had an early loss and would it show a difference that quickly, just over night? Although I was having some crazy cramps yesterday evening, but then I've been getting mild cramps through whole of luteal phase.

Or was one of the tests lying to me? Remember the positive test was with afternoon pee and the negative was with first morning pee! ...so I'm stumped. I'm assuming this morning's 'negative' is correct though as in theory the morning pee should be stronger?

Hubby is off work today, so he's going to go and buy me some more tests to do when I get in from work this evening and tomorrow morning. If they come back with a mixture of answers then I will see doctor, if they all say negative then I think I will believe them.

Has anyone else experienced this? Could I still be pregnant, or is a negative a 'negative'!

xx

89 Replies • 9 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 10 of 89 Replies | Last Page

With my last pregnancy, I got much stronger positives at night than with fmu for some reason. Don't give up hope just yet! However, with my chemical I had a positive digi one day and the next morning it was negative. I would take another hpt later today and see what that says. It could very well be you just didn't have a high concentration in your fmu. Best wishes <3

9 years ago

Thanks for the reply, I won't give up hope just yet!

I'll do some more tests later and tomorrow and see what happens! :) x

9 years ago • Post starter

I'm also getting loads of cramping today, but not like AF cramping, it feels like pulling/tightening feeling. Is this a good sign or a bad sign I wonder?!

4 hours before I get home to test, today is going too slow!

xx

Honestly these tests are more finicky than a lot of people lead on...I would trust the positives because SO many things can effect the levels of hgc in your urine. Too much urine on the test, not enough, what you've been drinking... You are still early so I have hope for you! Don't expect strong positives for at least another 4-5 days. I have 2 kids and I never got a strong positive on my first one...sometimes the tests have more dye than others even. Good luck to you!!!

9 years ago

Also on the cramping, I never felt more like I was going to start a period than when I was pregnant! LOL

I even had spotting with both mine which is terrifying when you're preg, but they are both healthy!

Rest easy!

9 years ago

Thanks for the positivity, it really helps! :)

Yes, I think I need to be more patient and look at the bigger picture in a few days time, unless AF arrives in the meantime of course!

I love these forums, everyone's so supportive!

xx

Yeah I know it's reaaally hard not to jump to conclusions, but with pregnancy tests a positive is a positive and a negative is a maybe ;)

I read through a forum the other day and was totally addicted to it (that and poas)...any who the woman who started was thinking she was nuts because she had all the signs...she found out later that she had PCOS. Well the post was from 3 years ago and yesterday I saw her post a positive pregnancy test! I cried...I was irrationally excited for her! Felt like I knew her after reading the posts.

Keep us posted! I'd love to hear the outcome! My AF is due tomorrow, bfns so far. We weren't actually ttc, but it would be great news none the less!

9 years ago

I know what you mean, it's like you know all the people, after reading all about their most intimate details! :)

Yes, I'll be sure to keep you posted! Thanks!

xx

Ok, so when I got home from work yesterday I took the following tests, and just so you know my pee was extremely strong as I hadn't drunk or pee'd for 4 hours! (darkest pee i've tested with yet!)....

Clear Blue Digital = 'not pregnant'
Internet cheap dip stick = extremely faint line, fainter than the one I got two days ago (when I got 'pregnant 1-2' on digi)
Clear Blue (not digital) = very faint, see below pic
First Response = very faint, see below pic

User Image

I posted on the 'unsure' gallery on here and so far 100% of 27 have said that they're positive... you can view poll here (just add the www. at the beginning!)
countdowntopregnancy.com/pregnancy-test-gallery/image.php?galleryid=403012

However, if the digi test gave me a positive reading 2 days ago, and the dip sticks had faint line, surely two days later with extrememly strong pee, I shouldn't be getting 'not pregnant' and an even fainter line?

AF is due the day after tomorrow (Friday) so I guess I'll just have to wait and see if it arrives, but the fainter the lines get and the more I get a 'not pregnant' the more I think I've had a chemical?!

Oh, and my temps are still really high as you can see here (I'm pretty sure I Ovulated a day later than fertility friend predicts so I'm currently 13dpo not 14dpo)...

User Image

But then I'm not sure if temps would drop straight away if chemical had occurred?

I have no idea what's going on! It's just a waiting game right now, but I'm so impatient!

I'm not going to test today (to stop me analysing too much!) I'll leave it until tomorrow PM I think and hold me pee for 4 hours again so it's nice and strong (my FMU never appears as strong for some reason?).

watch this space! ...

Usually the digital ones are less reliable because there must be more HCG to be detected compared to other test but congratulations!

9 years ago

Last page

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo