Community post

Discussion

Good way to respond to shower invitations?

To anyone who has invited me to their baby shower,
First of all, I appreciate that you thought of me when planning this special day. Unfortunately, I will not be able to attend your shower or anyone else's in the foreseeable future. You see, for the past 2 1/2 years, my dear husband and I have been trying, and unable, to conceive a child of our own. We have been through 8 rounds of fertility drugs so far, each of which comes with the ups and downs of hope and negative pregnancy tests. There is no way to describe the sadness one feels when failing at our most basic human instinct, to procreate.
You may think it's selfish of me, but it's not that I resent you or wish you weren't having a child...in fact, quite the opposite! I am thrilled that you are building a family and are bringing everyone together to
celebrate. I am unable to attend not because of jealousy, but because such situations only remind me of my own personal failures regarding conceiving a child. I really wish I could come, I do. But I fear that attending wouldn't be very meaningful if I have to quietly excuse myself to go cry in the car (which sometimes I do even at non-baby-related events).
I don't wish to take the focus away from your wonderful blessing. I just wanted to express how desperately I want to be there for you, but I can't. I hope you can understand.

All my love,
Leah

TTC since September 2012 User Image

1 Reply • 9 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 1 of 1 Replies

don't worry honey, everybody understands.. i had gone from jealous to envious, when i used to see others pregnant. i was 40 at that time. and you have no idea, what all i tried.. from medicines, to if to positions.. nothing worked.. finally when i was a about to give up on life itself , my sister in law directed me to a website of whose detailed idea i have written in my site. go through my story and you will realise that there is always a way..

do check the link in my signature..

9 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo