Community post

Discussion

Losing hope

TTC since 9/2012. I had an HSG this week that showed a blocked fallopian tube (likely due to PID). I went over a year without a period until my first round of Clomid, which made me have a period but my CD21 blood work showed a progesterone level of 3.6 (very low). I'm now on my second round of Clomid, 6 DPO according to my CP/CM, but I'm worried that it didn't work this time because I have absolutely NO symptoms. Last cycle I had every symptom under the sun but AF showed up 10 DPO.

I guess what I need is some insight or words of encouragement. I'm wondering at this point how far I'm willing to go before we give up on conceiving...I don't know if emotionally I can handle IUI/IVF, because I'm already struggling with each BFN month after month. Last cycle was particularly disappointing because every person I've met who took Clomid to conceive was successful their first round.

Sorry so long. I would love to hear from anyone who has a similar story.

-Leah

TTC since September 2012 User Image

2 Replies • 9 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 2 of 2 Replies

Hi there. Sorry to hear about your emotional struggles. I can relate really well! We have been trying to conceive since January 2012. I managed to get pregnant once but miscarried at 10 weeks and that was over a year ago.

I did 7 cycles of clomid. Didn't get pregnant obviously, but we found my husbands perm had gone from "spectacular" over a year and a half ago to very bad. So bad we are now waiting for IVF! The emotional struggle has been really hard. I avoid the BFN disappointment by not using HPTs unless I get to the day AF is due with no spotting. I prefer a slow realisation that it isn't my month (spotting for a few days, then temperature drop, then AF). For us it was almost a relief to be told we needed IVF as it is so discouraging not having any idea why we weren't conceiving.

You said one fallopian tube was blocked. Is the other okay?

The funny thing about symptoms is that even on clomid each cycle can be different. I had some where I definitely felt I was pregnant (progesterone...) and some I certainly didn't. When I did get pregnant (before the clomid) I had no symptoms, so don't count yourself out because of that :)

I have freinds who were trying for 2 1/2 years before they got pregnant, and they had absolutely nothing wrong with them! So, sometimes it just takes time. It is great you are getting testing done though. I hope things work out soon!!

9 years ago

Thanks for the advice. Good luck to you, too! My right tube is fine, only the left is blocked. My OB says the only way to know WHY it's blocked is to do a laparoscopy, which even she says is erroneous at this point. I have 2 more refills of Clomid and if I'm still not pregnant, she's going to refer me to a reproductive endocrinologist. I guess I'm just hoping that it doesn't come to that.

TTC since September 2012 User Image

9 years ago • Post starter

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo