Community post

Discussion

Using an ovulation test as a preg. test? NEED HELP!

I am 15 days late for my period and have been testing at least once a week since August 17, 2013. 3 have been negative and the past 2 had a very VERY faint line (last night and this morning). I was so excited about it that I took a dollar tree pregnancy test to confirm and it came out negative. I had also bought an opk and used the same urine to take the pregnancy test and the OPK came out positive? What does this mean? I have been trying to search about this but nothing has come up so far. If some of you ladies can give me some input, I'd greatly appreciate it!

2 Replies • 10 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 2 of 2 Replies

Well I can not be of any great assistance in this matter but I can say if I where you I would schedule a blood pregnancy test with your doctor false positives are so rare but a doctor can shed some light on this situation... I am wishing you the best lady keep us informed...

10 years ago

OPK's can be used to detect pregnancy but they need to be used with FMU. The test line must be equal or darker to be considered positive, and should always be confirmed with a pregnancy test after.
In my experience the OPK is positive before a pregnancy test is positive by a 1-2 days.
Are you sure you ovulated? Are you using BBT along with OPK's to confirm O?

Natalie 24 Mat 24 April 1 2013 Rowynn nov 28th 2012 TTC #2 July 2013 Aug 2013 Sept 2013

10 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo