Community post

Discussion

A Conundrum (that's killing me!)

Hi, Not sure if anyone will have any clues but I would be SO so grateful if you have any advice or ideas. I am currently on CD 31 (18dpo) I was due for AF on the 19th July (last Friday) and have had 3 negative FRER tests, the last one being on friday at 14dpo. I have had spotting since Friday (very very light) and I really just don't know whats going on! It's driving me crazy as I either want to be pregnant or get AF so we can try again next cycle. I don't know what to think and am so over not seeing that extra line :( Has anyone had a late bfp or similar symptoms? Any help would be much appreciated!

User Image

11 Replies • 10 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 10 of 11 Replies | Last Page

Gracey,

I understand this discomfort. Am lately 6 days today with one faint positive yesterday and no sign of af yet. Am seeing the doc soon.
It's quiet harrowing to use the line tests. I agree completely.
This is what I have been telling myself: period or pregnancy...one of these will visit me soon... And this looks like something I can't control very much... So I am carrying on with my daily activities and trying not to think about it.
I have my tampoons (sorry tmi) ready if af comes & have informed my docs office of the af delay...so he will be prepared...
Lets try and not think too much, although easy said... I wish this was easy...

Lets keep each other posted.... Best wishes and good luck...!!!!

10 years ago

You're so right, thanks for the reply. I'm sorry you're going through this too! it sucks so much.. its like being in no mans land. I will keep you posted, I've stopped testing now as its too depressing. I also just found out my best friend is pregnant again with her second, I'm so excited for her but also jealous! lol how long have you been trying for? let me know what happens! x

User Image

10 years ago • Post starter

I feel for you both, horrible situation to be in! One of my good friends never got a bfp until after 6 weeks pregnant. I suspect that her urine hcg was really diluted due to drinking lots of water. How did you confirm ovulation?

10 years ago

I do drink a lot of water, 6 weeks is a long time. Do u know what test she got + on? I used cm and also did the deed every second day for a week and a half just to make sure lol but if af comes I will use opk next cycle. What do u use?

User Image

Hi Gracey92. I don't know what pregnancy tests my friend used. I know for her first child she only found out when she went to the doctor after her period was delayed and no BFP. She wasn't trying, in fact was actively preventing (not well enough obviously!)

I find cm too tricky to gague when ovulation occurs. Mine usually dries up the day before ovulation (I know, not what we are told to expect!) and so I use BBT to confirm ovulation. I have started using OPKs these past couple of cycles too, which helps predict it (I have PCOS so can ovulate anywhere between CD9 and CD31). If you normally have a regular cycle then I think there is a good chance you could be pregnant but might need a blood test to confirm if HPTs still won't show it. Do you use FMU for testing? The spotting is not a good sign though. I got pregnant earlier this year and the only sign I had out of the ordinary was no spotting before my period was due. Then a week or so later the spotting started. I ended up miscarrying at 10 weeks. I will be very anxious if I get spotting again in a pregnancy.

Let me know how you get on!!

10 years ago

Hey Gracie...

I have started spotting and am so delighted!!!!!!! Finally I can move on to my next cycle. This is the first time I am actually happy to see those spots :)
How are you doing yourself? To answer your question, we stopped using birth control 6 months ago and intermittently I would use opks and temp sometimes. Wow, this past cycle was a great learning experience!!
This time, I did not cave in to the line tests.... And relied solely on the digitals and feel proud of myself... Hah..
I hope you are doing good and will hear great great news from you... I will be here after 15 days or so...and will look for you around..

All the best.. Keep me posted!!!!!

Baby dust....

10 years ago

Sorry to hear you have pcos Shelob, that can make things so much harder! if it is any consolation my godmother has had two lovely daughters and she has had pcos for as long as I can remember..
I always use FMU for testing, good point though sometimes it can be that. You were also right about the spotting not being a good sign, I got what I think is AF yesterday but it is really strange, nothing like my usual AF. I have matched all my symptoms and cycle and have concluded it must have been a chemical preg. Both my husband and I are devestated... we were both so sure! I'm so sorry to hear about your m/c, that is horrible, I hope your perfect pregnancy is just around the corner! ''baby dust''

Thats great 1234nnc! I mean not the perfect result but at least now you can get on with your next cycle and trying again. Great work not caving in to those lines! This cycle i'm going to use opk's and then after I o I'm just not going to stress and let it happen, I'm going to try not to think about it and not test until i'm at least a few days late for AF. That's the plan anyway lol. Would love to keep following you guys so we'll keep in touch yeah? xx

User Image

Hey Gracie...
Yeah would love to stay in touch.
Turns out, I had a suspected chemical pregnancy per doc... So something did happen but wasn't healthy enough to sustain for long! Imagine..wooh.. 7 days late periods. And they arrived with worst pains possible. Ouch.. :)
Am thinking if healthy pregnancy was to commence, it's chances of being detected earlier are higher, although not strictly so per scientific literature. Genetics of the female concerned, along with her mothers history together determines pregnancy outcomes..
Well, yes, using opks is a great idea and shall keep us on track on exact times. I am planning to chart my temps, exercise 30 minutes everyday and take vitamin d3 supplement. I have sub-optimal levels and doc thinks, it ought to be above 30ng/ml for a healthy pregnancy. Just thought, you might be interested in knowing and perhaps getting yours checked, just in case...
It was great interacting with you. I hope and pray for good peaceful and happy times for both of us!!!
Baby dust your way

10 years ago

I'm so sorry to hear about your suspected chemical.. it fi unfair :( your plan for this cycle sounds great tho! Yes I got my bloods done a couple of weeks ago too, my vitamin d was fine tho iron was low so the dic has given me an iron supplement to take. Let me know how it goes! I'll follow u. I bought a first response ovulation kit today to try and pinpoint when I ovulate. We'll see how it goes :)

User Image

Hi Gracey,

Will keep you posted. My wondfo opks arrived from amazon.
Your plan sounds good too..... My CD1 was 07/25/13. May be we could start a new thread eventually and keep abreast of things.
Have a great weekend!!!!!!!

Best

10 years ago

Last page

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo