Community post

Question

8dpo negative test - going slightly crazy waiting!

Hi ladies, I took a first response test this morning and it was definitely negative. Is it just too early to tell? The two week wait is killing me, I've had lots of symptoms but I really just want to know for sure... especially since it is our first month ttc. Is it really that likely that I will conceive in the first month?

User Image

4 Answers • 10 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 4 of 4 Answers

It's VERY early! Wait a bit, the egg has barely implanted, if even, yet. :) Try to hold off as long as possible (I know, so much easier said than done!)

Consider that your average healthy couple only has about a 20% chance of conceiving every month, even if they do everything right. That doesn't mean there's no hope or it'll take forever (because you could be fertile Myrtle!), it just means don't get horribly disappointed or feel like something's wrong with you if you don't. With my first, it took us 3 months. My second, I caught pregnant on the first cycle. Now we're trying for #3, and I'm beginning my 2nd cycle TTC. I consider myself very lucky that I haven't had to try for years between babies.

Good luck sweets! xx

10 years ago

weird because were on the same page this is my first month trying im at 9dpo today did a first response test and negative but have had symptons like really bad breast pain and slighly cramping ..im goin to test tomorow at 10 dpo good luck to you

10 years ago

Thanks ladies! so helpful! genoveva08 that is really similar! I'd love someone to keep in touch with if you don't mind? It would be really helpful to compare symptoms & results? xx

User Image

10 years ago • Post starter

It took me and my husband 7 months ttc I found out 17 dpo with a first response, it may take a little time or cud just happen, good luck :-*

10 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo