Community post

Discussion

Not sure if HPT is negative or Positive

My partner and I had intercourse 5 days ago, yesterday I took 2 Crystal Clear HPT.

First one there was a clear positive but it was about 2 hours after I took the test (i checked at 5mins, 10min, 20mins all ways negative)

I took the second straight after that, again checked at 10min, 20min negative then woke up to check and there was a clear positive

Today I tried forelife and it was negative.

what do you think? Maybe its too early? Maybe false negative?

4 Replies • 10 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 4 of 4 Replies

I may be wrong but I thought a line that comes up late is an evaporation line.

I think that means they are negative, however, that may mean it is too early to get a positive. Perhaps wait a week or a few days and test again?

From what I have heard the dip tests seem to be cheaper and show a positive earlier than a stick test.

Good luck. Xxx

10 years ago

It depends on how many dpo you are and how long your cycles are. Evaporation lines are faint lines that have no color to them. Usually if a test has color and its a blatantly positive line, its positive. By the time you get a blatantly positive test you should be able to get a positive any time of the day. If not it might have been a defective test. If it was a faint line and then you took another an hour or two later and didnt see a line it could be that you dont have enough hgc built up in your system which is why they tell you to you to use fmu. You can recreate fmu by not going to the bathroom or consuming a lot of fluids for 4 to 5 hours. Hope you get a clear bfp soon!

10 years ago

Thanks for you replies!

Im not sure how many days past O, since coming off the pill last year (after 10 years!!) my cycle has been really iregulare, i would have 2-3 months of a normal 28 day cycle and then 2 months with no period and then back to normal. Its really strange.

Lizy, it was a dark line, but it only appeared after a few hours.

I think I might have to wait an try next week even thou Im super inpatient.!

10 years ago • Post starter

Have you gone to talk to your doctor about your periods being that irregular? And I understand the impatientness lol. I start testing 8dpo until af shows Im def addicted to testing :] If the test was negative at first then turned positive after a few hours I would def take another and read it in the the time that it says in the package then throw it away after that time passes. Reading old tests can definitely mess with your head. Good luck :]

10 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo