Community post

Discussion

TTC A GIRL ne1 had anyluck need partner O day July 11th

I have a son thats almost 14. Yea, Yea I know I'm going to start all over and I just stopped my ortho tri cyclen BCP and I O on July 11th. I want to sway a girl, but a healthy baby will do. Anyone had any luck swaying a certain gender and who wants to be my partner in crime. Need some new friends.......

Michelle

7 Replies • 10 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 7 of 7 Replies

Hi there, I was about to Start a discussion like this myself. I have 3 girls . Oldest is 14, and I want a boy! A healthy baby is good too but I was wondering the same thing. I od on the 10th so I'm in the dreaded 2ww. Didnt BD until the 10th ( shettles method) but the Chinese gender predictor says I would have a girl. I was wondering how accurate that was? I know with my girls I was very young, BD all the time to get a girl . Let me know how it turns out. If we get our bfp then it's 4 months to find out the sex... Aaaahhhhh. Like the 2ww isn't bad enough. Lol.

10 years ago

All I know is what I've read and yes if you want a boy you need to have sex the day before ovulation the day of and the day after and for a girl like what I'm doing is I O on the 11th I'm going to have sex on the 5th 6 7th 8th. refrain the 9, 10, 11, 12th n pray the y chromosomes have died and just girl X chromosomes are waiting.... when do you test? I hope you get your boy and I my girl. Good luck and keep in touch let me know what's going on

10 years ago • Post starter

I am 5 dpo. So I won't start my POAS craziness till about July 3. (14 dpo) if I don't cave and POAS sooner lol. How about you?

10 years ago

Hello. Like I said I am stopping my BC pills this month and this week is my period week I noticed some pink when I wiped Monday and some cramping Tuesday like I'm about to start, but to my surprise I haven't started fully at all yet. I am like clockwork when it comes to starting so I'm beginning to wonder. I never missed a pill took them every morning when I woke. Theres no way after ALL these years I could have gotten pregnant on the pill, I know I'm going to start, but I am being paranoid and I have been stressed, but other than that WHEN I start I will have to change my O date and then sway my girl then. It would be nice to already be preg, but then I wouldn't know how I swayed it and my luck. BOY again, lol. I know my body and if I don't start after 30 or 31 days I'm pregnant. So I'm not a POAS addict but if I think I could be pregnant NEXT month I'll test anywhere between 10 and up days since you can get them dollar tests that work just as good as a 20 dollar one. So I still wish you luck and baby dust and I will keep you informed on me. TTYL.... =-)

Hi Michelle.
Hi Kat.
I'm on cycle day 9 waiting to o in about 2-3 days. I'm swaying for a boy or tying to at least. I've read the book on the Shettles Method from front to back and going to give it a shot. Lets keep tabs on methods and see if anything works!

@ Kat. What are you doing to sway for a boy? I have 2DD and 1 DS and would like to even out my numbers as well as giving my son a shot at a brother.

The last two months we didn't try so I'm hoping this will be my month. I am a poas addict. I buy like 10 hpt from the dollar store I have a "cute" basket set up in the master bathroom with my opks, my pee cup, and hpts.

@ Michelle. The first month I threw out the pill I had spotting 4 days before AF finally started. I then had really painful o pains. I read it could've been a failed attempt at ovulation. My cycles were like clock work now they're 23 days cycles.

User Image

10 years ago

Since it's my first month trying to sway for a girl, I'm going to go for it. I thought AF was coming on the 25th, but she showed up on the 26th instead which changed my O date till the 12th. So since sperm can live in you for 3-5 days or even longer depending on the surrounding in there. For a boy I would think its best to BD the day b4, day of of course and the next day, but for a girl I'm going to go at it for 4 days b4 every day. I also told my man that I want him to take a HOT HOT bath/shower so it kills a lot of the Y chromosomes and hopefully only X will be left. I'm very impatient and like someone said swaying for a girl is one thing but its another 4 months till you find out what it is, UGH!! I'm going to give it my best shot that's all I can do. I feel like I'm in the 2ww b/c I'm waiting on the big O and I'm not exactly CERTAIN to a T that it will fall on that day. I just know that in the past that If I didn't start my AF by day 30 or 31 I was pregnant. I wish you the best of luck Kat on your boy and the last comment your girl. You two keep me informed and so will I....
GOOD LUCK AND BABY DUST!!!!!
MICHELLE

Hi ladies,
Just checking in to see where everyone is in their cycles.
I'm at 4DPO

User Image

10 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo