Community post

Discussion

June/July IVF buddies?

View Full Post

Anyone starting IVF soon or starting IVF again? This is my first cycle trying it and am looking for others to chat with during the process whether you are a first timer like me or you could practically get an honorary doctorate in reproductive endocrinology because you know so much :-)

197 Replies • 10 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

Replies (sorted by informative)

41 - 50 of 197 Replies | Last Page

how is your shoulder feeling? I am really stressed today. I started spotting today which is 6dp5dt. So I don't know, I'm trying not to freak out because I don't go for blood work until July 31, which is a full week away. I called the nurse at my clinic and she just said to let her know if the spotting gets worse and that it is completely normal with ivf. She said it could be still from when they did the transfer. I don't know though, I'm secretly hoping that it is implantation bleeding but I think its a little late for that. So I'm trying to stay hopeful but not get my hopes up.

I feel like I'm jumping down everyone's throat today, I am just irritable and easily agitated. I hope you are feeling better than I am.

10 years ago

It could definitely be implantation still! Technically you are 11 dpo and that is still in the normal 6-12 day window. Maybe your little jelly bean just took a little longer to settle in. I hope that is the case!

Shoulder is all better now thank goodness...that was bad. Wouldn't wish it on my worst enemy. I really think the nurse should have warned me that could happen when I was discharged!

I am just dying to wake up and make a beeline for the bathroom as weird as that sounds. I have never wanted to throw up before! Hopefully it won't happen at work. Wasn't supposed to go back to teach summer school til Monday but got a call that they needed a substitute the rest of the week...so back I go tomorrow. Kind of glad I will have something to keep me busy while I wait for beta day.

10 years ago • Post starter

Well I think my spotting turned into my period last night. I don't understand this, it came earlier than my period normally does and I was taking endometrin 3 times a day. Doesn't progesterone usually delay your period not make it come earlier. I called my clinic and they said the earliest I can do blood work is Monday. So it's not looking good for me and I can't do blood work until Monday. I got my report from the lab yesterday too, out of everything I had to go through I only had 1 embryo worth freezing, which they did on day 6. I am so disappointed, I cried myself to sleep last night. I just hate this.

Anyways, I know exactly how you feel with wanting to feel sick and wanting to throw-up. It just really allows you to know you are pregnant and really feel pregnant. You feel grateful for every second you get to have your baby growing inside of you. How are you doing? Are you feeling better from the retrieval?

10 years ago

So sorry that it looks like af has arrived :-( Maybe that 1 little snowbaby will be the lucky 1! I always started my period while still taking the crinone progesterone inserts during my iui cycles. My nurse told me that sometimes it just isn't enough progesterone to "hold back the flood gates". Her exact words! I think that is why they switched me to the intramuscular progesterone injections for ivf.

I am doing good so far. Just symptom obsessing the last 2 days. I have been having cramps, sharp little pains, sore nips and food cravings. The weirdest is I have had a really oily face lately which I don't normally have. Usually my skin in on the drier side. I can wash my face now and 20 minutes later it's all oily again. My makeup keeps sliding right off my face! Hope it's not just the progesterone doing all this.

I am going to go for blood work Monday and then figure things out from there. I do know that I will be asking for some other form of progesterone since obviously the endometrin did nothing. So weird that I got my period over a week before my beta test.

The 2ww is brutal especially when on progesterone. I feel totally exhausted from using it. That is really weird about your oily skin. Hopefully it's a good sign. When do you go for blood work? Do you think you will test at home before then?

10 years ago

My beta is on Sat the 3rd...still a full week away. I have 2 tests calling my name from under the sink. I am tempted to try but think I might wait til the end of next week. I am scared of getting a false positive from the trigger shot especially since they gave me a higher dose. I should have bought a bunch of cheap tests and tested everyday until I got a negative to see if it was out of my system.

that sounds like a good plan. I go for blood work tomorrow and I am almost 100% sure it will be negative. I swear if I get a next shot with this I will wait until my beta to test and hope that I wont get my period before that.

Are you having any good symptoms?

10 years ago

When do you find out results of your blood test? I caved and tested this morning 7dp3dt because some people said they got their first bfp then. Mine however was a bfn :-( I am having lots of cramping, headaches, mood swings. All sound like af...

Well I got my blood work results today and it is a BFN. I was secretly hoping it would still come back positive. Well I asked about doing a FET and they said to take a month to let my body rest and then whenever I am ready to call in with my day 1. I am so scared, I only ended up with 1 blastocyst to freeze on day 6. I only have 1 shot left at this.

I really hope that you are pregnant and that it was just too soon to test. Only a few more days before you know for sure.

I am just so sick of this infertility crap. I just want to be able to live and enjoy my life and not have to worry about this stuff anymore. I have 1 more shot at growing my family. I am going to do everything that I can to help this along. Maybe better eating habits and exercise and possibly acupuncture. We'll see. I guess I will have to do some research to see what I can do.

10 years ago

Looks like af is here....been testing negative the last 3 days and started spotting this morning. Super disappointed right now. Looks like I am headed for an fet as well. We managed to freeze 4. Glad we paid upfront for the refund program now. Hope the fet works because I really don't want to go through another retrieval. I am getting sick of it too. Sick of the daily doctor appts, my arms being all bruised from bloodwork, the daily injections and the constant disappointment. Ugh this is going to be a horrible day. Thank goodness I have committee meetings all day and won't have to be in front of the students today. Most of the staff knows what I am doing and will understand if I can't hold it together.

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo