Community post

Discussion

June/July IVF buddies?

View Full Post

Anyone starting IVF soon or starting IVF again? This is my first cycle trying it and am looking for others to chat with during the process whether you are a first timer like me or you could practically get an honorary doctorate in reproductive endocrinology because you know so much :-)

197 Replies • 10 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

Replies (sorted by informative)

131 - 140 of 197 Replies | Last Page

Transfer is scheduled for Sunday, which means beta #1 will be new years eve! Hopefully that will be good luck!

Any beta news? :-)

10 years ago • Post starter

Congrats, that's great!

As for me, just found out. Negative. Not surprised, I knew somehow. I just did. We were told to take off January and then start a more aggressive protocol. It'll be our last shot -- it's all our insurance will cover.

10 years ago

Sorry to hear it didn't work :-( Keep the faith and keep trying! I didn't have any luck the first time with the 3dt either. All you can do is keep moving forward and hope for success on the next round. I passed being covered by insurance awhile ago...didn't stop me from fighting this battle. There are many avenues to try. It seems impossible but you figure it out.

Thanks, we're looking at the silver linings best we can. Hopefully we'll have better luck in the new year.

10 years ago

Ssurra...I am so so sorry it didn't work the first time. I really hope you will have more luck with a more aggressive protocol.

mnor......those are awesome numbers and fertilization reports. How are you feeling after that retrieval? All I can say is ouch. So worth it though to get those kind of numbers. Good luck on Sunday and I can't wait to hear how everything goes.

I am still waiting to see what new technology my doctor has in store for me in the new year. I hope he calls soon into the new year to give me information on it. As well we finished the last interview to be approved for fostering or adopting and now we are on the waiting list to adopt and will be assigned a foster care worker in January. So hopefully by Feb/march we should be fostering. I am really happy about this decision to get into fostering. We really can make the decision that feels right to us, to continue with infertility treatment, to foster and have our one daughter or to adopt a child. I like having options to building our family.

10 years ago

Quick question for you ladies -- Has anyone know anything about acupuncture? It's the only thing I haven't tried. If I do it, should I do it on this month off -- or in conjunction with my next IVF cycle?

10 years ago

Heard of it...haven't tried it. Apparently you can have it done right along with ivf, in the weeks up to and even the day of transfer. I didn't really have the cash to do it because of how much we have funnelled into ivf and I have been using my flex money for meds. Not really room in the budget for 2 treatments not covered by insurance.

We transferred 2 blasts yesterday and 6 more made it to freeze. Was hoping for more to freeze but hopefully we won't need them! First beta is jan 2nd. I am feeling a lot of pulling, pinching and cramping today which is what I felt the day after transfer when I miscarried. Good sign or not? Idk! Can't wait for Christmas to take my mind off it.

hi ladies, I hope everyone had a nice Christmas and I hope 2014 will be a great year everyone following this thread.

mnor how are you feeling?

10 years ago

Not feeling so hot, but unfortunately it's from a wicked head cold instead of early pregnancy symptoms. Came down with it Christmas eve, 2dpt, and therefore have been trying to suffer through cuz I can't take the good drugs :-( lol. If only I could sleep standing up cuz everytime I sit or lay down I can't breathe. I think the progesterone injections are causing extra mucous making this cold 10x worse.

Decided to start testing today, it's only 5dpt but many women expecting multiples report getting a positive that early so I figured what the heck. It was a bfn though. However I didn't get a good fmu cuz I only managed 3 hrs of sleep last night. At least I know the trigger is out of my system. Still 6 days away from beta day but I hope I get a bfp soon.

I hope you had a Merry Christmas and that many great things are coming your way in 2014!

hey mnor just wondering how your testing is going? and I hope you are over your cold. I am now sick with a cold too.

10 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo