Community post

Discussion

Has TTC completely thrown my cycle off?!

Prior to TTC a few months ago, I had regular 28 or 29 day cycles like clockwork ever since I stopped taking BC in August. We starting TTC in February and my cycles have been off since then. Last cycle I didn't chart BBT or OPK or anything, just looked at the calendar based on past cycles. That cycle ended up being 33 days long, which is WAY longer than any cycle I've had before. Since that one was off I started BBT and digital OPK this cycle because I saw people have success on here with those. Here I am, cycle day 21, with no positive OPK (I test at 5:30 pm daily with a 4 hour hold) and no thermal shift. I don't feel like I stress about it, just trying to figure out what is going on. Any advice? Am I out for this cycle? Has anyone else had TTC really mess up their cycles?

User Image

1 Reply • 11 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 1 of 1 Replies

Hi Mehteh! I totally know what you are going thru and am right there with ya. First I will say 'only in my opinion' that coming off birth control and going ah natural does make for interesting cycles. I have been sans birth control for around 5 years and I average anywhere from 25-34 day cycles. So don't been too weirded out with your cycle length. It could be your body adjusting to its natural rhythm. And as far as things getting tricky the moment you decided to start TTC, I think this happens to all of us. I know this answer sucks but I think that is part of it. When we are TTC, we notice things that we never did before because we didn't need to or want to. All the sudden every little twinge, spot, burp, etc... means something when in reality it is just our supernatural awareness and longing. You are not alone in this. Just keep trying to relax as best you can (from personal experience I do know this is not easy) and keep trying for that baby. It takes 80% of women 1 year to get preggo so just keep trying. Fingers crossed and I wish you so much luck!!

11 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo