Community post

Discussion

BYOB: Bring on the BFPs!!

View Full Post

Hi all!

I have been on this site for what feels like forever (2yrs+) The BYOB threads have always been a great place for ladies to come for ttc support, answers, suggestions & even venting our frustrations! We used to have a hard time keeping up with all the chatter & made some great friens on here! I would love for it to be that again!

Former BYOB ladies & all newcomers welcome to join us! Cant wait to chat with you all!!

I aill start things off with an intro...

My name is Joy
I am 29 (30 in May) & dh is 30
I'm Canadian
Was married in 2009
I started ttc in April 2010
Got my 1st bfp in August 2010 & m/c'd naturally at 8 weeks
Got my 2nd bfp in late June 2011 & had a missed m/c at 11 weeks (baby died at 8)
Many complications followed - including a nearly 3 week hospital stay
Got my 3rd bfp on March 21st 2012 - finally success!Delivered my beautiful baby boy on Dec 4th
I am currently breastfeeding, & waiting for my cycle to return
I would like my kids to be about 2yrs apart & if thing take as long as last time we will need to get back to ttc soon! lol

Cant wait to chat with you all!
xx Joy

Daisypath Happy Birthday tickersDaisypath Happy Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickersDaisypath Happy Birthday tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

301 Replies • 11 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

Replies (sorted by likes)

21 - 30 of 301 Replies | Last Page

Kat-> that really wouldn't have surprised me if I had written it all wrong. Have been soo tired of lately I have been napping morning and after noon or whenever dd goes down. Haven't even had a real cycle yet and am convinced I am experiencing every possible symptom. I even told my du and my mother I think I am certainly pregnant (I am really not that typically one to jump the gun on anyhing am VERY conservative!)

Melissa-> I am very sorry for your losses. I had SCH wih my first pregnancy a lot of blood and three trips to the hospital emergency followed by five weeks of bed rest. A huge emotional roller coaster that no one deserves. Keeping you in my thoughts. Best of wishes for you

11 years ago

Kat sorry diet realize I forgot to answer half the questions :S
He drs wan the delivery to be 24 months after the c section for the uterus wall to be completely healed that there be the normal risk of uterine rupture and not an elevated risk. We aren't sure how many children we want (I think 4) but are worried that a repeat c section ( which would mean all births would have to then be by c section ) might restrict our possibilities. I had hired a doula and was actually going for a natural birth first time out... Was far from it lol. But thankfully a healthy little girl none the less.

Last time I was here I hadn't realized that the site was so new. It seems so well done and complete I would have thought it was around for a while.

Went out to town today with grandmother and hubby and baby , walked for a few hours and now am completely exhausted (after a snooze the car ride home :) yesterday went out wedding dress shopping with a friend and sisters and saw a deli have been dreaming of pastrami since then.... Ummm

11 years ago

Emma - Hope that all of your symptoms are indeed the bfp that you think they are! .. and 4 kids?? You are a braver woman than me! I used to think 3, now I don't wonder if we will stop at 2 even if we have another girl. I guess one child at a time for me .. and we will see how that goes lol.

Has anyone else noticed the trend that I have in our generation? It was very common to have loads and loads of kids a couple of generations back, i.e. 5, 6+ but now, it seems like 3 is the maximum for our generation, most families only sticking to 1 or 2. Now obviously I am generalizing, so take this statement with a grain of salt ... but have you noticed the trend. It's almost like you feel an overwhelming mental attitude from society that families with more than 3 children being crazy wild or poor (certain reality tv families being the exception). I would never judge a family with 3 or more children like that ... but do you think the judging is coming from the older generation, or our own? Does it seem to you that our own generation seems to be the MOST critical and judgmental of how other families grow or live their lives?

Just curious as to your thoughts ...

AFM, bd last night and dh doesn't know it yet, but definite bd tonight lol. Still probably too early for O ... but never too early for the other O Busy weekend ahead for me and the fam, so I am a flurry of activity in preparation. Fun to be busy.

Lots of to all of you wonderful ladies and hope you have a good night!

Kat  Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker  BabyFruit Ticker  BabyFetus Ticker

11 years ago

Hi ladies!!

YAY chatter!!! :D

Kat - I agree, 3 seems to bethe general "max" or people tend to say "your crazy!" even with 3 I have heard so many ppl say thats too many (once they out number your hands your screwed is the thought - lol) I always thought 2 for myself... but we will see what happens. I could see deciding on 3, Dh keeps joking about having 6! HA!!
As for cycles, mine range from 30-34 days so we should be testing around the same time! (Yes altho we are ntnp atm I will probably still be testing! lol)
Oh and yes, december babies are awesome!!

Emma - your symptoms sound promising!! Good luck! When are you planning on testing??

Elle - How goes? Beginning of the 2ww is kinda dull, huh? Usually too early for symptoms and no point in bd.... hope it passes quickly for you!! Cant wait till you start having symptoms!!

AFM - ds is snoozing on my atm... af is finally leaving, just some spotting today... will prob have more tomorrow, stupid long af! Guess that hasnt changed!! lol! If Igot preggo this cycle I would be due Dec 11th.... jusy 1 week after ds's 1st bday! lol, again atm we are ntnp, and getting to know my cycles again... tho we have already bd'd! lol

xx Joy

Daisypath Happy Birthday tickersDaisypath Happy Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickersDaisypath Happy Birthday tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

11 years ago • Post starter

Lol I am going to make you laugh. As far as stereotypes go maybe its because I am married to a farmer!!! Actually dh says. "One at a time " (he comes from a a family of six kids->six I am thinking might be more than I was bargaining for :D ) I myself have two sisters and I guess that is why I was thinking more than less at three we were always two against someone however it rotated. I guess hoping with four there would be more balanced arguments. We are neither poor nor rich and I don't honk in this day and age with the machinery on hand that we are having many children for the same of the work load lol. Only time will tell!

As for testing... I used my last test last week (well before it was even advisable to test) just because it was calling me every morning and I caved. So I made the wait a tad easier but not having any tests around. If I get the chance tomorrow I am buying ... So hopefully testing Thursday am unless of course my body gives me reason not too (due any day. Usually had cycles between 28-36 days. But regularly before bf was 32).

Happy O to you all. A girl deserves that type of O anyday!

11 years ago

hey ladies well I live in quite a poor area and when dropping my daughter off at school you see parents with one or two children but mostly they have a lot lol well a lot to me is 4/5 . these are women my age 25 who have literally given birth every year or two since late teens. we tend to see people with more kids here don't work. they get given more money fir each child you see and if they have one under five they don't even have to look for a job!

anyway, 3dpo and my womb hurts like period pain. my lower back hurts. but its far too soon for implanting surely?

11 years ago

Just bought some hpt . Now to occupy myself in order to hold off till tomorrow am :P

11 years ago

Ok I really ha to pee and couldn't resist (there were two in the package...). It said YES. Just told dh :)

11 years ago

Emma - OMG .. for real? and not even with your fmu?? Super congrats!!!!!! Looks like 4, or even 6 is well within your reach :) One at a time, but here's one more. In shock but so happy for you! Keep us updated

Elle - I don't see why it couldn't be implantation. Hopeful for you!

Joy - Yeah, CTP says I would be due December 9th. It would be really uncanny if we both got pregnant this cycle and had December babies again. And lol'ed at you: "tho we have already bd'd"!

AFM ... bd again last night (as foretold). Busy busy making things to keep dd occupied this weekend. Not much new other than that. Went grocery shopping today with dd .. got 2 inches of snow that then promptly melted when the sun came out later today.

Oh, I forgot, I thought that it was interesting that Emma said that she thought 4 kids might even out arguments. I am an only child, as is dh, so we are completely guessing on this sibling thing. I don't want dd to be an only child, not only because I want more kids, but I remember it being lonely. My parents could only play cards with me or read me books SO many times. I was pretty creative from having to play alone so much, but I always felt like I was missing out.

I think having a sibling close in age to dd will make them closer? Idk ... anywho ..

Lots of to all of you ladies and spread some of Emma's around!!!!!!

Kat  Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker  BabyFruit Ticker  BabyFetus Ticker

11 years ago

I know the tests are specific about the FMU but I was really certain and if it came out negative I would have been in denial till tomorrow morning. The pastrami sandwhich gave it away completely. I don't crave things for days (except durning last pregnancy). Actually feeling much more twinges and pulls in there today and some burping (again not me).

Dd is climbing the laundry basket ...accident waiting to happen.

So CTP says November 19 for us.

Havin hem closer together should make them closer relationship. My older sis and I are a year and a half. We are very lose my little sis is six years younger and she is much more independent although as she got older we had some of the same friends (group sports ) she still hangs more with other friends than with us. Not saying she is the family, our momma bear made sure we hae strong ties but she likes to branch out more than the rest of us. Whereas my other sis and I are more best friends. It's a nice feeling someone to tell you straight up when you are wrong !

Gov seems to be throwing of money for people that have kids here too. There are some people that think of it as getting paid to hae kids (maybe that's why thy do it) but I think thego. Does this iis mainly because kids cost a lot ! More than tthe tax break they give you for certain !

11 years ago

Last page

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo