Community post

Discussion

When can I get a blood pregnancy test?

My DH & I have been trying for 19 months and this month I had a cyst so we were unable to do treatment. I am currently 11 dpo and decided to take a HPT this morning and it was a faint positive. So I went to the store and got a better brand and took it this afternoon and it was darker. I'm going in tomorrow to have a blood test. If i am pregnant, have I been pregnant long enough for a blood test?

4 Replies • 11 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 4 of 4 Replies

Well I went in this morning at 12 dpo for the blood test and it was positive!

11 years ago • Post starter

Congrats!!! that is amazing news and I am glad the wait paid off for you. H&H 9 months :)

11 years ago

Seeing as blood tests are supposed to be more sensitive than HPTs, I'd say if you're getting a POS on a HPT, you're good to go for a blood test.

11 years ago

I am doing 2 more days - 1 test per day before I go to get blood work. 2 faint positives for last 2 days.. I want to see if I get a darker line and I dont get my AF.. So as of 2 days my AF should appear, its seems unlikely she will at this point but being cautious before i run for a blood test.

11 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo