Community post

Discussion

Does this sound like a miscarriage????? PLEASE HELP!

I am 17 dpo and got a BFP on 12 dpo. I started with prune juice looking spotting Thursday (14 dpo). Went to the hospital and hcg was 75. They diagnosed me with a threatened miscarriage and told me to follow up with my OB. My follow up appointment isn't until Tuesday so I will not know anything until Wednesday. I quit spotting by Thursday night. Friday afternoon I start bleeding red with menstral like cramps....not much but enough to wear pad. I laid down the rest of the day and it stopped. Saturday I spotted brownish red blood and quit as soon as I laid down. Today....very light spotting and zero cramps. Haven't really gotten up today though.

With my last miscarriages I was in pain and once I started bleeding....I didn't stop and continued on to have clots as well. This is different. Does miscarriage bleeding come and go??

Magan User Image

5 Replies • 11 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 5 of 5 Replies

I think you should see a doctor about this ASAP to be safe. I hope everything is alright!!

Next few months are prep for treatments.

11 years ago

Like stated in the post...I have seen a doctor. I was diagnosed with a threatened miscarriage 4 days ago and do not have another follow up for a few more days. I was asking if it was normal and for experiences.

Magan User Image

11 years ago • Post starter

I do not believe m/c bleeding comes and goes...
I had a missed miscarriage (heart stopped beating) at 19 weeks. I was put on cytotec after a week of finding out. October 30-31st I started spotting and having mild cramps. Nov 1st I started having contractions and bleeding more heavily, and it only got heavier until the baby came. So I do not believe m/c bleeding comes and goes, but I would go on bedrest until your follow-up appointment to be safe!! Just take it easy and try not to stress (easier said than done, I know!) because it can make matters worse.
Hope to hear everything is fine soon! Take care!

User image

11 years ago

i would call the doc nd tell them your blood is bright red...my spotting started brown then turned red and it turned out to be a chemical pregnancy :(

11 years ago

I got my BFP on 14 DPO or Jan 12th. Started bleeding Jan. 19th. Never spotting just red like my period.

Went to ER hCG was 18. Bleeding has been going on ever since. Sometimes light and sometimes heavy like AF. Comes and goes. I thought it stopped but it came back.

Took Metho shot a week ago. Feeling so much better. My hair and energy is almost back 100%. My hair was turning brittle and I was so tired.

Don't try to push it too far. I was feeling like my life was being sucked out of me. Not worth it.

Maybe try to rid of it before it gets worse and you can TTC after one or two healthy cycles. I do not regret my decision to take the shot.

I took the shot at 8 weeks. Thank God.

Good luck Megan!

11 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo