Community post

Discussion

Fall 2013 Mommies to Be!

View Full Post

Hello all.

Since there were a lot of Sept 2013 BFPs and we all think the Countdown to Baby site is sort of lame I thought I'd create a place where we could all talk about our pregnancies.

I made it Fall 2013 with the hopes that a lot of the ladies from October board (and beyond) will be able to join us here.

AFM today I'm exactly 5 weeks pregnant. I have my first exam scheduled for Jan 28th and we plan to tell my family the weekend after. It's been torture keeping this to myself so I hope we can all discuss symptoms, concerns, and joys together.

I still haven't had a lot of symptoms. Heartburn one day, my nipples are tingly and sore and DH swears my boobs are bigger already. I haven't felt any nausea yet or felt much fatigue. Although I do have trouble staying asleep, sometimes I wake up 3 or 4 times a night. Oh and this morning I had to get up early because I had to pee so bad. I think it's starting!

User Image

57 Replies • 11 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

Replies (sorted by informative)

41 - 50 of 57 Replies | Last Page

welcome grants.. I think we are all feeling that way. We have not told anyone. I am not planning on telling anyone till after the first trimester. Actually, I am trying to wait until Mother's Day wknd. We will see if I can hold out that long.

12/08 + 1/10 + 07/11, Had to do a lot of for baby #4. Yuck!!!! User Image

11 years ago

Hi Ladies,

Well I found out a few weeks ago I was pregnant and we are both very excited and it's so hard not to tell anyone.

I am 6 weeks and have my first appointment a week tomorrow. I have no idea what to expect as this will be my first baby and the thought of having to wait until 12 weeks for a scan is pure torture as I'm already worrying about all the things that could go wrong!!!

I have friends who have had a scan just to find out how far they are and then the 12 week one. I find this a little unfair just because I know my cycle dates.

Any advice would be welcome.

User Image

11 years ago

Hey everyone!!! Its good to see more faces popping up over here!! Congrats and healthy 9 months to everyone

I'm now 11 weeks 4 days pregnant! and feeling a million times better. Except for the boobs which have grown about 2 cups in the last 2 weeks! I'm feeling a little unproportional since the tummy hasnt caught up yet!

How is everyone else feeling??

Also has anyone given much thought to the types of diapers they will use? I used disposable with DS and am giving serious consideration to cloth diapers this go round. I have done a good bit of reading and I believe the pocket diapers will work best for us. A girl I went to school with uses Ohfancybaby.com and they sell fancy pants pocket diapers for a decent price. She swears by them but I was wanting some insight if anyone here has used different brands or has ever cloth diapered. TIA!

User Image

11 years ago

Coral I had my first appointment at 5 weeks and met the dr and filled out paper work. At this early they may not be able to find a heart beat just because its not far enough along. That would worry you even more! I had a scan done at 9 weeks and wont have another until about 18 weeks. Don't worry :) My baby at 9 weeks looked like a gummy bear.

Lizhaa isn't it amazing :) I cried at my first appointment. Everyone else was standing around talking to the tech about her home state and I was sitting there in my own transfixed emotional moment!

User Image

11 years ago

kcordell: hey hon! I am having morning sickness from hell.

As for diapers I have always used disposable. My hubby and I did a bunch of research and found that the chemicals used to clean the cloths ones were just as bad for the environment as the disposable. So, I am not of any help to you there.

11 years ago

@3lil - (your screen name is so cute!!) I hear ya. We waited our full first tri with my first, but I broke down and told my sister after 8 wks. This time I was actually at my sister's house and told her right away. No will power!

I hope your morning sickness is bearable. I lived on saltines for a while with my first.

@Coral - Welcome and congrats! Well they'll probably do a pregnancy confirmation at your visit (either pee or bloods, but pee is most likely). Are you in the US or elsewhere? In the US usually you have your first u/s (trans-vag) around 8-10 wks. (You can't even see a heartbeat until at least 7wks) I'd lose it if I had to wait to 12. But the u/s dates are usually up to the discretion of the individual Dr.

If I were you I'd say I'm not sure how far along I am!

@kcordell - Hey lady!!! Can you believe we're on here together? So glad to hear you're feeling better. And your giant knockers!

We went through the whole diaper conundrum with DS so I definitely can help. We actually cloth diapered and still do (he's 2 and is potty training). We use BumGenius One-Size pocket diapers. http://www.bumgenius.com/one-size.php They're adjustable so you don't have to keep buying new diapers as your kiddo grows! It saves loads of $$ and they've been fantastic. We've not had any diapers wear out and they work well. However, any one-size (regardless of brand) is usually a little too big for a newborn and you want to be able to snap down the front underneath the umbilical cord so it doesn't irritate it. So we bought a few XS bamboo fitteds that have snap-down bellies from this company: http://sloomb.myshopify.com/collections/cloth-diapers They were perfect (but you need to pick up maybe 3 diaper covers as these don't have a waterproof cover).

We have always washed ours at home and don't use a diaper service (3lilbrown is right - the diaper services often use chemicals). We only use natural low-residue detergent on them like Charlies or Rockin Green.

But I have to fess up that we do put our boy in disposables overnight. I know lots of people who successfully CD over night, but our son's a mega-pee-er and I don't really want to change him at 3am.

DS born 01/2011. Preg loss 10/2012. TTC over 35. User Image

11 years ago

Grants: Thanks.. I have Cubby Brown, Andy Brown, and Keegan Brown.. my little Brown boys.... I tried 7 up but it is giving me horrible gas. The saltines never worked before. I will try again probably though.

We are still trying to keep this pregnancy a secret, but, we share a house with my MIL. At least until April when we move. She asked my husband last night if something is wrong with me cause I have been very sick lately. Hubby told her my sinuses are making me sick. I don't know how long that is going to work. I do have bronchitis though, so, when I see the OB tomorrow maybe she can help with that and some of the puking will stop.

11 years ago

@3lil - Have you tried vit B6 for the sickness? I've heard 50mg twice a day helps. Also starting the day with a little bit of protein is supposed to help too.

DS born 01/2011. Preg loss 10/2012. TTC over 35. User Image

11 years ago

Hi everyone...I'd love to join you! I'm 5 weeks pregnant with my 3rd, no real symptoms yet but they usually start around 6 weeks for me so it should be soon. My fist appointment is at 8 weeks and I can't wait We haven't told anyone yet...we're waiting until after my first OB visit.

User Image

11 years ago

@ Grantsmama I'm so happy to see you over on this board! FX for a sticky bean and a H&H 9 months to you! About a week and a half until my first ultrasound. So excited to see my little bean.

Been feeling sick on and off and have puked a hand full of times. Other than that I'm doing okay and eating like a horse. I can't get enough fruit!

User Image

11 years ago • Post starter

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo