Community post

Discussion

My Little Bean Went to Heaven-Advice

I went for an ultrasound today, cause I've been spotting pretty much my whole pregnancy, and was told it was normal and have had routine ultrasounds because of the spotting so I went today (I'm suppose to be nine weeks), and they're not allowed to tell me or show me anything cause of a spotting, anyways I'm out doing christmas shopping when my midwife called and i told her go ahead and tell me about the ultrasound not thinking it would be bad news, and she told me the baby was there but was only measuring 7 weeks and there wsa no heartbeat, I kept it together while talking to her but when i called my fiance I lost it, here I was with an arm full of presents hiding away in the tire aisle of walmart where nobody could see me, crying my eyes out on the phone with my fiance. I manage to compose myself long enough to get home and spent all afternoon crying, just when I think I have no more tears I cry again. I feel so lost, I just want my baby. I now have to wait to pass the baby, and I'm scared I don't want to see it. The hardest part of this whole experience is 3 days before the baby stopped growing and passed I saw the heartbeat. I would love to hear experiences from other women that they have and if they tired again and were successful and how long it took them to get pregnant again. I just need anylittle hope can use anything.

6 Replies • 11 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 6 of 6 Replies

I am so sorry that you are going through this. In April of 2011 I found out I was pregnant. When I went for my first ultra sound I should have been 10 weeks. My baby had stopped growing at 5 weeks. I miscarried at home, it was very weird. I thought I would have to push or that I would be in a ton of pain. Instead, I kept getting period like cramps and I would go to the bathroom and stuff would just come out. I did not really see anything because I did not want to look. My husband brought the heating pad in the bathroom for me. I will tell you that my nurse told me that I had to wait until I had 3 periods to try again. I wish I would have tried sooner, I have heard that so many women that get pregnant right after they miscarry. I waited and now over a year later, still no baby. You are in my prayers and if you need anything, please feel free to message me.

User Image

11 years ago

I am sorry to hear this it is so heartbreaking, I went in for my dating scan at 8 weeks and found out my baby had passed, my DH couldnt come to the U/S so i bourght my BFF, I waited until the nurse walked out of the room for me to get dressed and just let it out, she hugged me and i just cried, we were planning on going baby shopping after the appontment with her beautuful little new born girl, It was hard to say the least but they told me i might not have been as far along as i thourght and made another appt. for 10 days afyer the first, i knew that there was no hope but i went back 10 days after, i was using a fertility clinic and had wekly bloods done and they were all perfect, so we waited til the next U/S to make a final decesion, I live 8hrs from town so it was a big effort everytime i went in, My next scan showed the same thing and my Beta HCG was starting to decline, They called it a missed miscarriage and i had to undergo a D&C at 10 weeks, i could never think about going home to pass the baby, It wasnt even n option for me, i wanted to start TTC asap so the quicker it was over the better!
I am on my first full cycle after my D&C i had fairly normal 28 day cycles but i am on CD16 today and my BBT chart shows no sign of Ovulation but my OPK's are nearly Pos, I started BBT the day after my D&C and i didnt O that cycle, i think its your bodys way of saying "Im not ready to be pregnant yet", I hope i Ovulate this cycle, i want my baby so bad!
Because i got a D&C i was able to do testing, they found out it was a little boy with a chromome abnormality called Trisomy 16, its a growth defect that is not compatable with life, it the most common cause of miscarriage in the first trimester.
I hope your cycles return quickly and you can be pregnant again a soon as you can.
It took me 15 cycles to conceive this one so i hope it doesnt take that long again.

Me 28 - DP 30 HSG all clear, very high AFC 42 SA 27million on Menevit,2% Normal Mild Teratospermia Been TTC since June 2011 Aug 2012 10dpo 10 weeks little boy Trisomy 16 Jan 2013 9dpo CP July 2013 1st round of Tamoxifen 20mg Ovidrel trigger and 4 pregnyl booster shots IVF November 2013 6 eggs collected, 5 Fertilized normally, Transferred 1 beautiful compacting 3 day morula, froze 4... FET Feb 2014 4DP5DT, Beta 11DP5DT 647 User Image

11 years ago

Thank you both so much for sharing your stories, and I'm sorry for both your loses. I have to wait to pass cause my midwife said from the sounds of it my body is already in the process of having the misscarriage. I've already started cramping so I'm hoping it will happen soon so I can start the healing process. I have to go to my doctor next week for a follow up to make sure everything has passed and to test my hormone levels to make sure they have gone down. If not I have to have a D & C done. I want to try again as soon as I can, and my fiance feels the same way.

11 years ago • Post starter

Im so sorry you are still waiting, it must be hard, The tiem between my first U/S and my second felt like an eternity and i wasnt sure if i was going to pass it naturally either, but at my scond scan the sac was still growing so they thourght that it would take a long time to pass so it was my best option, please keep me updated, if you need to vent, i know that it hard to talk to people that dont understand and we all understand hun so dont be affraid!!
I think i am Ovulating tommorow, well i hope i am anyway!

Me 28 - DP 30 HSG all clear, very high AFC 42 SA 27million on Menevit,2% Normal Mild Teratospermia Been TTC since June 2011 Aug 2012 10dpo 10 weeks little boy Trisomy 16 Jan 2013 9dpo CP July 2013 1st round of Tamoxifen 20mg Ovidrel trigger and 4 pregnyl booster shots IVF November 2013 6 eggs collected, 5 Fertilized normally, Transferred 1 beautiful compacting 3 day morula, froze 4... FET Feb 2014 4DP5DT, Beta 11DP5DT 647 User Image

11 years ago

I am so terribly sorry for your loss. In July of 2008 I had a miscarriage at about 6weeks pregnant. I passed the baby naturally at home and was completely devastated. However, to give you some hope, we did conceive the next month in August and our little boy is 3 and healthy as a horse now! Good luck and baby dust!

11 years ago

Thank you everyone for your replies it means alot, today was the first day back to work which was hard because people who didn't know were coming up and asking how me and baby were and I had to tell them. Then I called my doctor for a follow up and she told me because I'm still bleeding heavy and cramping to go right to the ER after work because with the holidays and everything it would take them longer to get me in and they can do everything that needs to be done at the ER. Not going to lie I'm a little scared. I know worst case they'll do a D&C, but I'm still scared. I was hoping my body would pass it on its own. But from what my doctor as told me I don't think it as.

11 years ago • Post starter

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo