Community post

Discussion

Antibotics

Hi Everyone,

Just a quick question, I'm 5 wks and 5 days pregnant and I found out I have strep throat, the doctor provided amoxicillian and told me that it was safe to take while being pregnant. I'm still a little leary about taking it but i know I need to take something to help me get better. I'm just wondering if anybody else as had this happen and everything was fine. Just looking for some reassurance. Thanks in advance.

3 Replies • 11 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 3 of 3 Replies

Amoxicillin is a FDA category B drug so it is considered safe in pregnancy. Not treating an infection can put your body under major stress which can cause you to miscarry. (This happened to a friend) please take it!

I am a pharmacist if it helps. Plenty preg woman take it and I've never heard of anyone have a problem.

11 years ago

Thank you for your reply. I have been taking them, cause I know I need something to get rid of the infection. I was just a little leery about it has I miscarried a few months ago and just want this little bean to stick. Thank you for your reply again it does make me feel better about taking it.

11 years ago • Post starter

I have a UTI and was prescribed amoxicillin. I think not taking it would be worse than taking it. Hope you get to feeling better.

11 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo