Community post

Discussion

over 30 day cycle when to test?

I have a cycle that's longer than 30 days last month ended up 36 I'm curious of when anyone got a positive test with a longer cycle like mine?

1 Reply • 11 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 1 of 1 Replies

Some women naturally have longer cycles. How long have you been tracking your cycle? Do you have a method of tracking your ovulation? (temping, OPKs, fertility monitors etc)? These can provide the most useful information, since the most important question is how long your luteal phase is (time between O and start of next menses).

Most women experience a 12-14 day luteal phase, but could have as long as 17 days without being pregnant. The first half of the menstrual cycle (follicular phase) is what can vary for most women.

If you have no clue when you ovulated, the most accurate time to test would be 19 days after your last intercourse. If you have not received AF by that time, you're either experiencing an anovulatory cycle or pregnant.

I tend to have had cycles around 30-32 days. I would recommend buying some OPKs (online at Amazon is cheapest) so that you can track your ovulation, if not already doing so. This would give you a better idea of when to test. If you get a positive OPK, you may ovulate between 12-48 hours from the last positive OPK. So, testing about 12-14 days after last positive would put you in a good range for testing.

But, in reality, it ain't over till AF shows up! Good luck!

11 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo