Community post

Discussion

Does this look like I'm about to ovulate ?

Hi everyone

I'm cd 11 and I'm using clear blue ovulation kit with the smiley face. Today I went onto the clearblue website and I have a 28 day cycle and my last perio was 9th November which last 6 days. The clearblue website said I should start testing 19 November which is today I had work so I couldn't manage to test at 2 so I tested at 5:30 this evening and the results came out with no smiley gave. I took the stock out and the control line is dark but the other line next to it is faint? So what does this mean? Do you think I should test again tommorow but at 2? And 5:30 testing is it ok time? I need to know . What does that mean I've uploaded photos so please have a look and tell me what it means

Thanks

9 Replies • 11 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 9 of 9 Replies

I used these to get pregnant and have my IUI last year! Don't take them apart though..... because there is ALWAYS a second line... it is much more sophisticated than the simple ovulation tests so a second line means nothing and looking at it with your eye won't tell you anything.... I even did this after I got a smiley and it really doesn't look different - just trust the smiley face... if it is there you are having your surge..... I tested twice a day if I was worried about missing it... so once in the morning and once around dinner time .... or I would say just do it again around 5 pm since you tested at 5 ish today......should be fine! Good Luck!

11 years ago

Oh that's nice of you to reply much appreciated

Ill test in the morning as I heard its good to test in the morning,

Did you get your BFP first month using smiley ovulation sticks?

And did you use moon cups ?
X

11 years ago • Post starter

Hey,

Thought you might want to know that early in the morning is probably the worst time to test. Your LH does surge in the morning but it takes 8 hours to show up in your urine.

The other day I took one at 10Am and barely had a second line (I don't use the digital ones anymore). Took one at 2pm cause I was going to a family function and did not know if I would get to test again and again barely had a line. Third time I tested at 11pm and within a minute had a line and by 5 minutes it was darker than the control line. My LH had changed that much in 12 hours.

Most people advise that you test twice a day but at least 8 hours apart. The OB I saw suggested 11AM and 8PM.

If I had only tested once a day I would have tested at 10Am with a negative and not tested till the next afternoon missing 12 hours of my surge.

Good luck,

Angel

12/08 + 1/10 + 07/11, Had to do a lot of for baby #4. Yuck!!!! User Image

11 years ago

Well, the first month using smileys was our first IUI.... so yes I got pregnant - but we had our IUI for the first time too that month. I did use softcups for awhile though and I do think they help some people. I do agree that the ovulation tests work better by early afternoon or evening to detect the surge- different than pregnancy tests.....Good Luck!

11 years ago

Thanks girls

I read this this morning and I had a full bladder I was going to test this morning but lucky i got this messag on time. I tested at 5:30pm do you think I should test the same time today or test afternoon at 2? Lastly I don't have enough tests to test twice a day so do you think that I should have we'd today anyways evn if I don't get my smiley face and sleep with the moon cup? Please let me know x

You can test at either 2 pm or 5:30PM. If you live in the US walmart has cheap test you can buy for 88 cents that I have found to be accurate and easy to use. Just a thought.

Good luck,

Angel

11 years ago

Omg I needed to email you. Ok right tell me of you think this is good
I'm cd 13 and was not testing until 8:30pm. So today me and my hubby have been having sex today and I used pre-seed and we did doggy style and he cummed in me. Then I tested at 8:30pm and got a smiley face!!!!! I ovulated early!!! I'm so happy I caught it on time. Now after me and hunny had sex I used mooncup so now it's sitting in me. Can this hold the Sperm on time after getting my smiley? And of course ill be having sex Tommorow have I caught it today on time because I think I have. I'm taking mooncups out tommorow morning what do you think? X

Way too much TMI LOL

Sperm can live for upto 5 days but they say on average it is more like 2 or 3.

Each ovulation kit is different. There should be some hours listed on the test like.. When you get a smiley face you should ovulate in 24 to 36 hours for example. If you had intercourse today and have it again tomorrow then you are definitely in your window.

Good luck,

Angel

11 years ago

Thanks Hun

I'm having sex tommorow aswel right now I'm sleeping with a mooncup TMI and will do the same tommorow after I finished having sex with my man. Will keep you updated x

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo