Community post

Discussion

40,Miscarried again and having to wait a few months now.....

View Full Post

Hi everyone. Well, I just had my 6th miscarriage in my life. 3rd miscarriage in the last year. Doctors are stumped and not really for sure why I keep miscarrying. The last two followed the exact same pattern. Both got up to about 6 weeks with a hb but failed to grow from there. My doc seems to think a lot of it is my age and the quality of my eggs. I really do believe it is the way I have eaten for the last few years which has not been the healthiest. Full of sugar, flour and starches, sodas, tea,.... you get the picture. Not a good diet to make a healthy egg, so I have now turned to a fertility diet, cut out all sugar, sodas, flour, junk food altogether and taking my prenatal vitamins, Royal Jelly, baby aspirin daily and looking in to CoQ10. I need to lose about 50 pounds to be healthier too so I'm sure this will help. From everything I have read, it takes 90 days to make a healthy egg. Anyone else experiencing recurrent miscarriages or are going to hold off for a couple of months before trying again. Would love to have someone to go through these next months with.

Paradise

43 Replies • 11 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

21 - 30 of 43 Replies | Last Page

Here's the supplement I was talking about.

http://www.neevodha.com/

It's very pricey, but I believe it can be written as a prescription to get some insurance coverage for it.

All these answers may be scary, but they are answers. A reason why your losses happened. The "fix" may seem daunting, but its doable and if it results in a healthy baby, it will all be worth it.

*hugs*

Melissa-37, lost rt tube DH-36, MFI - low morph DD-7, conceived naturally after 26 cycles --- TTC#2 since 2006 IUI's in April, May, December 2011 - ALL BFN IUI#4-100mg clomid - Feb/12 BFP Ectopic pg ended March 2/12 IUI#5-100mg clomid - May/12 BFN IUI#6-100mg clomid - June/12 BFP Chemical pg IUI#7-100mg clomid - Sept/12 BFN IUI#8-100mg clomid - Oct/12 BFP Chemical pg IUI#9- 5mg femara - Jan/13 BFN IUI#10-100mg clomid - Mar/13 BFN Counting down to our IVF in September! But wait...SURPRISE!! Aug/13- Natural, miracle for the second time while waiting for a treatment cycle to begin.

11 years ago

Hi ladies,
So frustrated right now. I'm 11dpo on my first complete cycle post MMC, and nothing but BFN's. I tested positive on 10 dpo last time, so I'm pretty sure I'm out this month. I was so hopeful!! I showed a bunch of high days before peak on my fertility monitor this month, and we timed things just right. I Oed right on schedule, and felt all the right twinges and cramps post O. I'm just so low. I really wanted to give pregnancy another try. But I guess it's going to take at least one more cycle if not more. I usually have a 14 day LP, so I'll be starting my new cycle soon. Wishing you all the very best!
Beatrice

11 years ago

hello-

I thought you may want to know the Neevo DHA is only available by prescription and it will be less expensive of you sign up for your health care mail order pharmacy for a 90 day supply. My DH is out of town during my fertile days so I am taking November off, unfortunately, but I think the break will do me good. It is SO stressful trying and failing every month. Just the same I will be back on the Clomid train again next month. That will be my third month on it with one BFP and MC but my physician said I could do up to six doses of the clomid. Good luck to all!

lisserb did you get your test results back yet?

11 years ago

I haven't been able to get the tests done yet. I'm waiting on a very late AF to show up. I've never been this late and not been pregnant, but I've only had BFN tests so far. My chemical in October must really have screwed up my cycles. My last normal period was Sept. 30. I had my IUI on Oct. 11 and had a positive hpt on Oct. 24. I had a day of full flow red, just like AF on Oct. 26, but then it was only spotting after that. My betas went up a bit and then back down to zero by Nov. 5. I had a positive OPK on Nov 6, and was expecting my period on Wednesday last week. I had a bit of spotting on Monday, Wednesday and Friday (none reaching the liner), and nothing since. I have taken a few hpts, all negative, so I'm not at all sure what is going on. It's been 58 days since my last normal period, and 32 days if I count the one day bleed during my chemical.

I'm never this late without a reason, so something is going on. I go in tomorrow for a beta, progesterone and estrogen check to make sure I'm not actually pregnant, which I am certain I'm not, and then we'll go from there an will most likely induce AF.

Melissa-37, lost rt tube DH-36, MFI - low morph DD-7, conceived naturally after 26 cycles --- TTC#2 since 2006 IUI's in April, May, December 2011 - ALL BFN IUI#4-100mg clomid - Feb/12 BFP Ectopic pg ended March 2/12 IUI#5-100mg clomid - May/12 BFN IUI#6-100mg clomid - June/12 BFP Chemical pg IUI#7-100mg clomid - Sept/12 BFN IUI#8-100mg clomid - Oct/12 BFP Chemical pg IUI#9- 5mg femara - Jan/13 BFN IUI#10-100mg clomid - Mar/13 BFN Counting down to our IVF in September! But wait...SURPRISE!! Aug/13- Natural, miracle for the second time while waiting for a treatment cycle to begin.

11 years ago

Hey Paradise, Lisserbi, and all ladies,
well, thought I was gonna make it this month ,had so many positive signs and then "NOT" well, I have had and extra hard period this month and some clots, so I am thinking that conception happened, but either the egg was bad or simply implantation wasnt strong enough.?? Well, I am on cycle day 3 now, and has almost stopped, but my routine is stop start stop start etc.... so my husband is traveling next week (right when I should ov) so unless I can get him to rearrange work schedule, looks like I can count this mth out too. Im hoping he can stick around long enough though.
Its strange in the beginning it was all about hubby wanting another baby (he had to convince me) but after we got pg and I mc all of a sudden its become an obsession with me...(go figure).
After reading your post Paradise, I looked at my own diet, I really do not eat alot, but when I do its alot of pastas and rice and breads. I am an addict for nescafe too, trying to switch over to green tea now (i read this is good for egg quality). Trying to et more veggies too.
Paradise, dont lose hope, I read an article few days ago, a women was told she had only 2% chance of conceiving and might as well give up hope (but she wasnt hearing it) changed her diest, started acupunture and meditation (iI personally dont think that had anything to do with it??) but I believe the diet is the main issue......she not only got pg with first child at 42 but went on at 44 to have the second one.......soeverythings possible until menopause is finished.......Im cheering for ya!!

11 years ago

Hey everyone, Lisserb, thanks for the website on the Neevo. I checked it out and am wondering if this is something that my doctor would prescribe for me or do they usually prescribe something else. I've been doing as much research on the MTHFR and have found so many things that a woman can do to help this. A change in diet, getting rid of any foods with glucose can help with it. It's just all so frustrating and confusing to me. Guess I will just let my doc do what he feels like is best if I ever get pregnant again. At this point, I'm just feeling so negative about everything. I have my days. Lately, I just feel like it's all hopeless, especially when I read about women with some same problems and got treated but still miscarried. Guess it's just gonna be a chance I will have to take again. Right now, I am just waiting for my first period to start. I took another test yesterday morning and it's still showing a light positive. I guess it can take a long time for that hcg to leave the system and I don't think I will have a period again until then. I spot here and there, but nothing reaches my liner. I check my cervix every once in awhile and yesterday there was some red blood so I was hopeful that I was gonna start but still nothing but menstrual cramps and severe PMS. My moods have been horrible and I don't want to be around anyone, especially pregnant women. I'm having a very very hard time coping lately. I think that when I finally start my period I will probably start feeling a little better because I will want to start tracking my ovulation next. I can't wait just to see if I will actually ovulate again. Lisserb, That is strange what you are going through with your cycle right now, especially if you have never been late before. That really has me wondering what is going on. I wouldn't think that a chemical pregnancy would mess that up like that but who knows. Hope you find out soon. Beatricebythesea: I know how you feel. I remember when I was trying the last time and I thought everything worked, had lots of symptoms and just knew we hit it just right and then started testing at 10 dpo and nothing. It's so darn frustrating when you do everything right and nothing. It's hard to understand why some months it just doesn't work! It sucks!!! So, will you be trying again? If so, Hope it all works out for you soon! Testingagain: Good luck on the clomid train. I took clomid for one cycle and decided against it since I was already ovulating on my own and then I got pregnant the month I decided not to do the clomid but still lost it. It's all so very disappointing. Hope you get some good news with it! Keep us posted. Ammoultie: Thank you so much for your positive thoughts for me. It really means a lot, especially hearing about the woman who was 42 when she got pregnant with her first child. I've always hear that it can be very very hard if you are trying for your first that late of age. That is so exciting to hear that! I get so afraid that my eggs are just too darn old now that is why I decided to change my diet as much as I can. I am really trying to eat healthier and sometimes it's so hard especially when I start craving sweets. I really do think that the way I have eaten for years has really affected my pregnancies because everything I have read about the problems they found with me (blood clotting, MTHFR), it all seems to stem from the way a woman has eaten for years and affects everything. I wished I would have thought about all of this years ago, but I always ate what I wanted and still had 4 babies but maybe the miscarriages I had in between my children had something to do with that too. I guess I should be glad that my docs did find some problems so at least we know we can try to fix them but it's still all so very scary. If I ever do get pregnant again, I know I will be so paranoid of anything and everything. Well, that sucks it didn't happen for you this month. How long have you been trying? It's been a year this month for me. I haven't seemed to have the problem getting pregnant, just staying pregnant. Thank you ladies for keeping in touch here. It's so good to be able to vent my feelings here when my husband just doesn't understand all of it!

Paradise

11 years ago • Post starter

Looks like we are all on an extended break, except for Beatrice. Any news Beatrice?

AFM, I had some bloodwork done yesterday to see what the issue is, and it appears that I have had an annovulatory cycle since my last chemical. My progesterone is low, at 4.4, and my estrogen is incredibly high at a whopping 1078. I'll be taking provera starting tonight to induce a period. It will likely be a period from hell! After that I'll get to do my recurrent loss testing and then I'll be back to clomid IUI sometime in January.

Hope everyone is well.

11 years ago

Lisserb, Maybe that also explains why it takes a while for a woman to have their first period after a miscarriage, because of not ovulating afterwards. I keep thinking and hoping every day that I will start my af but still nothing but brown spotting and extreme, extreme pms lately. I feel the pressure building big time and I just hope that it's almost here. Going by the last miscarriage, it's almost been a month now so I figure I should start any time, but the miscarriage before this one, it took 2 months before I finally had a normal period. I just want to start so I can move on. I think just having that period will make me feel better. By the way things are going, I won't be able to start trying again until February or March. I wanted to at least have 2 good periods before trying again, but who knows, I might just start trying after one. Just depends on how I am feeling. At this point, I've been under way too much stress to even try if I could. Very emotional lately and crying over the least little things. It's got to be close! I'm also wondering if I will have a period from Hell too once I do, although I get worried if they are light. Seems like my periods have been pretty light and only lasting a couple days for the last few years and that makes me think I am perimenopausal. I sure hope not. My doc always told me that it doesn't matter how light a period is, it's if you are still having one that matters so that makes me feel better on that, but I still worry. Anyway, hope things start looking up for you soon Lisserb. How is everyone else doing?

Paradise

Hi ladies! I just wanted to say hello again... I remember you all from before when I was here..... I hate seeing all your struggles and hardships :( We are trying for a second and will be doing infertility treatments again here in a few months. For now we are just trying on our own... not that we are expecting much. I hope you get some answers and a plan at least soon! It makes me happy to see ladies I know and remember but sad at the same time you are here and struggling. Sending you hugs and warm wishes!

11 years ago

Just wanted to check in with everyone and say Hi and see how everyone is doing? cjpalaska: Thanks for posting, I remember seeing you on here before too. Glad to hear from you. We won't be trying for a good month or two either, maybe longer, Guess it just depends on when I am going to even start my next period again. It seems like it's taking forever. It's been a whole month since the miscarriage, and still nothing. I feel like I can't move forward until it starts. How is everyone else doing?

Paradise

Last page

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo