Community post

Discussion

Back after a long hiatus

Just wanted to say hi to the group and re-introduce myself since I haven't been here in months. Wondering if any of the old gang from last Fall through January are still here?

Just a short bit about me:
I was using this site a lot in the fall of 2011 (been TTC for longer than that, but I didn't discover the site until then).

In mid-November, I finally got my BFP! I was ecstatic for several weeks - even though I had also been simultaneous diagnosed with a 10cm fibroid that I didn't know I had. Around my 8th week, the day of my office holiday party, I started spotting and then bleeding heavily and cramping. The next morning at what was supposed to be my first prenatal appointment I was told that I had two empty sacs and no fetus. The ob/gyn assured me it had nothing to do with the fibroid, however, I was also told that my fibroid was now huge (estrogren makes them grow) and that any pregnancy would be very risky for me and the baby unless I got it out because there wouldn't be enough room for both of them as the baby got larger. (Apparently I had the uterus of a 6-month pregnancy)

The dr suggested we wait out the rest of the miscarriage naturally since I had a second fibroid near my cervix that would make D&C tricky. Well... one month of misery later and that never happened. So in January D&C it was. Because of the fibroid I had to be put under total anesthesia. I've never had any kind of surgery in my life and I'm a baby about needles so this was pretty scary.

But the doctor did a great job and everyone was super nice. I felt pretty good after the op - the percocet helped - HOWEVER... she sent me home and said to take Motrin/Advil and that I might have "slight" cramping... TOTAL LIE. I was miserable for the entire weekend (D&C was on a Thursday) and missed a big presentation I was supposed to give at a conference the following Monday. I passed a huge clot and the 'slight' cramping was like nothing I'd ever experienced before. In retrospect, I should probably have called the emergency line and demanded a prescription but I wasn't totally with it so I just lived through the misery.

Anyway... once that was over I still had the fibroid to deal with. Not to mention the fact that I would still get side glances at work since I still looked six months pregnant. (I had to tell my boss about the m/c, but I only told one other coworker).

Long story short, four ob/gyns later I was able to find someone willing to remove my now huge fibroids via robotic surgery (the others all wanted to cut me open with a large vertical incision since the largest one was above my belly button - and said it was "impossible" to do a bikini cut, much less a robotic/less invasive surgery). Moral of the story: always get a second/third/fourth opinion!

SOOOOO... had my surgery on April 20th, felt pretty good after two weeks, returned to work after three, and was giving the okay to have (protected) sex after six. I had to wait three full cycles before we could start TTC again, and that puts me right here! I'm excited to try again but also a little nervous... and also a little sad because my original pregnancy's due date was last week, and my grandmother passed away very suddenly a week before I was supposed to give birth had I not m/c... I always thought she would be around to see & hold her first great-grandchild. (My other grandmother in Italy passed away just as suddenly in January and I couldn't fly out with my Dad because of the impending D&C)

This year has just been a gigantic roller coaster ride so far and I'm really hoping that's over and the rest of the year brings only good things.

Hope I didn't ruin anyone's day with this, lol. I'm glad to be back here.

BFP 11/2011; missed m/c 12/2012; D&C 1/2012. Surgery to remove fibroids 4/2012. Trying again 7/2012~ --------- I'm on a quest to live life as if every day were vacation. Follow my journey at http://summerandsundays.com

2 Replies • 11 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 2 of 2 Replies

I'm sorry you had to go through all that but I'm happy to hear that you're healthy and ready to try again! Good luck!

11 years ago

Thanks! I feel ready! I *just* ovulated according to OPK so I'm in that dreaded TWW right now, but surprisingly I don't feel quite as stressed out about it as I have in the past. I also decided to hold off on temping for now... so all we did this cycle was the digital OPK and a little BD'ing :)

At least I know that I *can* get pregnant, so now I'm just hoping it'll happen sooner rather than later. And that life will be boring and uneventful ;)

BFP 11/2011; missed m/c 12/2012; D&C 1/2012. Surgery to remove fibroids 4/2012. Trying again 7/2012~ --------- I'm on a quest to live life as if every day were vacation. Follow my journey at http://summerandsundays.com

11 years ago • Post starter

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo