Community post

Discussion

Prescriptions and TTC

So, I am normally an all-natural, chemical free kinda gal. (Yeah, I'm one of those, lol). I try to limit the 'stuff' in my makeup, cleaning products, health products and food.

BUT... since my 30s I've been dealing with progressively more annoying rosacea and scalp/dandruff issues, and finally went to see a dermatologist about it a month ago after trying about a million different 'natural' products that didn't work.

I came home with no less than FOUR prescriptions: A shampoo I'm supposed to use weekly & a topical lotion for my scalp (that I have yet to use because I'm not convinced it's 'safe' after reading the pamphlet.) A daily face wash (sodium sulfacetamide 10%/sulfur 5%) and a lotion (Finacea) for my face.

I still have a little extra red coloring on my cheeks/nose, but even in such a short time (Dr said it would take 6-8 weeks for full results) it's totally cleared all the dry scaly patches and the whiteheads. I'm a little ashamed to say I'm in love, I have nice skin again after all these years!
Trying not to think about the ingredients TOO much, haha.

Doctor claims the stuff is all fine for TTC, but I'll have to give up the scalp lotion when I'm pregnant. Not sure about the shampoo or the face wash. I know the Finacea is considered okay.

I'm wondering though - if something isn't safe for pregnant ladies is it really "safe" for TTC? Doesn't that stuff get into your eggs too?

Am I just being totally paranoid here? Anyone else use similar skin products?

BFP 11/2011; missed m/c 12/2012; D&C 1/2012. Surgery to remove fibroids 4/2012. Trying again 7/2012~ --------- I'm on a quest to live life as if every day were vacation. Follow my journey at http://summerandsundays.com

0 Replies • 11 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo